thezinezone

  • luckystargrl4u
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 30, 2000
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for thezinezone
    • ironfeather2001
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 31, 2000
        Greets! We print the zine, Iron Feather Journal
        since 1987 and looking to connect with other zinesters,
        writers and artists. <br><br>We review zines so send
        yours in now! Our zine goes out globally and we can
        help promote your zine, so send us your zine ad also
        and we shall print it up. See our site for infos and
        our zine AD. Cheers & have
      • freeballoonsrecords
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 18, 2000
          it's called aware. it's part politics and part literary. it comes out on the first of each month and costs 2$. e-mail me for more info/to trade/place an order.
        • ten30formike
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 2, 2000
            new e-zine....writers/ranters/ravers wanted anything goes email mike@...
          • xtimebmbx
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 4, 2001
              Issue #3 of my zine called Bulletproof is out
              now! featuring interviews with The Sheila Divine and
              Ultimate Fakebook, stories, reviews, poetry, etc...This is
              a mostly music-realted zine (power-pop, emo, punk,
              electronic, rock, etc..), but there are tons of other
              non-music things too. the zine is 32 pages of fun! if
              interested, please email me (zippy21@...) I'm always
              looking for new writers and bands/artists to review.
              willing to trade with other zinesters!<br>~Rocketgirl
            • hollywood_riviera
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 26, 2001
                Hi! I would like to invite you all to check out
                the club for my zine Looking for Lettuce. It's a
                perzine filled with comics, poetry, reviews, and anything
                else I can throw in it. If you would like a copy then
                please email me and I'll reply with the details.
              • ten30formike
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 29, 2001
                • rkade81
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 26, 2001
                    I run a small distro out of the basement I live
                    in<br>in Wheeling Il, which is outside of Chicago.<br>I am
                    always looking for new zines to collect and distro. I
                    would ditro them at shows and at some music shops. Let
                    me know what you think.<br><br>Ryan
                    Kingkade<br>R-Kade
                  • tigerlilyjw1
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 10, 2001
                      The name of magazine is Sugar Coated.<br>It's a chick zine but guys are welcomed.<br>Email me at candy@...
                    • xtimebmbx
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 11, 2001
                        yes the rumours are true, Number 4 is done and
                        ready to be sent out to anyone who's got a buck fifty
                        plus some stamps or a trade. this issue has an
                        interview with Flirt (the band!), a collection of weird
                        dreams, tons of poetry, reviews of albums, zines and a
                        film, stories, quotes, tidbits and pics. it's 32 pages
                        of pure unadulterated fun. get yours now! email me
                        at zippy21@... with your addy and any
                        questions. <a href=http://bulletproofzine.cjb.net target=new>http://bulletproofzine.cjb.net</a>
                      • mr_sldghmmr
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 15, 2001
                          CD and Concert reviews wanted for www.kbloradio.com
                        • xtimebmbx
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 18 9:02 AM
                            for those of you in Toronto and surrounding
                            areas, check out Canzine 2001. This event will take
                            placeon Sept 23, from 1 pm to 1am at theBig Bop, 651
                            Queen West. Admission is free, tons of zines, and cool
                            people. check it out.
                          • triggerhappypromqueen
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 18 6:39 PM
                              gelatinous ham cubes needs submissions. subject, language and length don't matter. send them and any questions to gelatinoushamcube@...
                            • ironfeather2001
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 21, 2001
                                If you want a free zine ad or shout out to your
                                friends in my zine then make contact asap<br><br>I just
                                made a form where you can fill out your shyt online
                                and we shall<br>print it in our next issue of IRON
                                FEATHER JOURNAL #18 due out early
                              • medellia2001
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 9, 2001
                                  hey people, just wanted to let you know that the
                                  second issue of thepunk rock-anarchy zine waste of ink
                                  is out now. if you wanna get a copy just send a
                                  buck/ 2 stamps or a trade to...<br>jen bittinger<br>mr
                                  box 0194 tulane university<br>31 mcalister dr<br>new
                                  orleans, la 70118
                                • andipandipoo
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 10, 2002
                                    Hey, me and my friend are starting a zine and we
                                    need help! why do some people ask for two or more
                                    stamps when you request a copy of their zine? what is
                                    some of the lingo used in zine making? anything you
                                    can help us with is greatly appreciated
                                  • medellia2001
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 11, 2002
                                      it usually takes more than one stamp to mail a
                                      zine, esp if it's half-page size or larger. the first
                                      thing you have to do is decide what kind of zine you
                                      want to do---personal, political, craft, music, film,
                                      blah blah blah. write some articles, put in lots of
                                      pretty pictures, and, voila, you have a zine. --jen
                                      (w@ste of ink)
                                    • lowhug
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                                        Call for entries: LAUNDRY BASKET. <br><br>A
                                        one-shot zine from the editor of LOW HUG. This was just
                                        going to be a feature, but I've decided to make a
                                        mini-zine out of it. Therefore, I am opening the call
                                        again. <br><br>I want to know about your dirty laundry.
                                        mishaps(the entire load turns blue from that new towel you
                                        threw in with the light colored wash); Laundromat
                                        adventures (from equipment disasters to hostile run-in with
                                        other patrons over the last free dryer to someone
                                        trying to steal your underwear); advice from your mom or
                                        laundry mentor (for example, how to make your own laundry
                                        detergent with washing soda and Borax); or anything else
                                        laundry,Laundromat, or fabric care related. <br><br>So, please
                                        contribute if you can! Aim for a paragraph or two, around
                                        200-225 words. The deadline is March 15th. Please e-mail
                                        contributions to lowhug@... - please don't just post them
                                        to the list as I may not see them, thank you.
                                        - I tend to do zine-related things on the weekends,
                                        and respond to e-mails then.<br><br>Please contribute
                                        if you can. You'll get a copy of the issue when it
                                      • lowhug
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                                          After much delay, LOW HUG #7 is finally ready,
                                          hot off the photocopier! <br><br>It's turned out to
                                          be a somewhat low-key issue, with many thoughts on
                                          the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as a well-written
                                          "Media Junkies" review
                                          Editrix<br><br>"Get Your Fix on Route 66: Looking for Inspiration in
                                          Tough Times? The Grapes of Wrath bears fruit" by Jack
                                          Persico<br><br>"9/11 is Not a Joke," by Jason Pankoke (of
                                          Micro-FILM)<br><br>Media Junkies: Film, Television, Music, and Zine
                                          Reviews by LOW HUG writers.<br><br>The issue is 36 pages,
                                          digest sized, and is $2. Mailing addy is: A.j. Michel,
                                          PO Box 2574, Champaign, IL 61825<br><br>Thanks for
                                          HUG<br>"LOW HUG: Unpretentious and honest, though not
                                          necessarily exciting, since 1998."