LAUNDRY BASKET: Call for entries!

  • lowhug
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
      Call for entries: LAUNDRY BASKET. <br><br>A
      one-shot zine from the editor of LOW HUG. This was just
      going to be a feature, but I've decided to make a
      mini-zine out of it. Therefore, I am opening the call
      again. <br><br>I want to know about your dirty laundry.
      mishaps(the entire load turns blue from that new towel you
      threw in with the light colored wash); Laundromat
      adventures (from equipment disasters to hostile run-in with
      other patrons over the last free dryer to someone
      trying to steal your underwear); advice from your mom or
      laundry mentor (for example, how to make your own laundry
      detergent with washing soda and Borax); or anything else
      laundry,Laundromat, or fabric care related. <br><br>So, please
      contribute if you can! Aim for a paragraph or two, around
      200-225 words. The deadline is March 15th. Please e-mail
      contributions to lowhug@... - please don't just post them
      to the list as I may not see them, thank you.
      - I tend to do zine-related things on the weekends,
      and respond to e-mails then.<br><br>Please contribute
      if you can. You'll get a copy of the issue when it
    • lowhug
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
        After much delay, LOW HUG #7 is finally ready,
        hot off the photocopier! <br><br>It's turned out to
        be a somewhat low-key issue, with many thoughts on
        the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as a well-written
        "Media Junkies" review
        Editrix<br><br>"Get Your Fix on Route 66: Looking for Inspiration in
        Tough Times? The Grapes of Wrath bears fruit" by Jack
        Persico<br><br>"9/11 is Not a Joke," by Jason Pankoke (of
        Micro-FILM)<br><br>Media Junkies: Film, Television, Music, and Zine
        Reviews by LOW HUG writers.<br><br>The issue is 36 pages,
        digest sized, and is $2. Mailing addy is: A.j. Michel,
        PO Box 2574, Champaign, IL 61825<br><br>Thanks for
        HUG<br>"LOW HUG: Unpretentious and honest, though not
        necessarily exciting, since 1998."