w@ste of ink #2

  • medellia2001
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 9, 2001
      hey people, just wanted to let you know that the
      second issue of thepunk rock-anarchy zine waste of ink
      is out now. if you wanna get a copy just send a
      buck/ 2 stamps or a trade to...<br>jen bittinger<br>mr
      box 0194 tulane university<br>31 mcalister dr<br>new
      orleans, la 70118
    • andipandipoo
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 10, 2002
        Hey, me and my friend are starting a zine and we
        need help! why do some people ask for two or more
        stamps when you request a copy of their zine? what is
        some of the lingo used in zine making? anything you
        can help us with is greatly appreciated
      • medellia2001
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 11, 2002
          it usually takes more than one stamp to mail a
          zine, esp if it's half-page size or larger. the first
          thing you have to do is decide what kind of zine you
          want to do---personal, political, craft, music, film,
          blah blah blah. write some articles, put in lots of
          pretty pictures, and, voila, you have a zine. --jen
          (w@ste of ink)
        • lowhug
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
            Call for entries: LAUNDRY BASKET. <br><br>A
            one-shot zine from the editor of LOW HUG. This was just
            going to be a feature, but I've decided to make a
            mini-zine out of it. Therefore, I am opening the call
            again. <br><br>I want to know about your dirty laundry.
            mishaps(the entire load turns blue from that new towel you
            threw in with the light colored wash); Laundromat
            adventures (from equipment disasters to hostile run-in with
            other patrons over the last free dryer to someone
            trying to steal your underwear); advice from your mom or
            laundry mentor (for example, how to make your own laundry
            detergent with washing soda and Borax); or anything else
            laundry,Laundromat, or fabric care related. <br><br>So, please
            contribute if you can! Aim for a paragraph or two, around
            200-225 words. The deadline is March 15th. Please e-mail
            contributions to lowhug@... - please don't just post them
            to the list as I may not see them, thank you.
            - I tend to do zine-related things on the weekends,
            and respond to e-mails then.<br><br>Please contribute
            if you can. You'll get a copy of the issue when it
          • lowhug
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
              After much delay, LOW HUG #7 is finally ready,
              hot off the photocopier! <br><br>It's turned out to
              be a somewhat low-key issue, with many thoughts on
              the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as a well-written
              "Media Junkies" review
              Editrix<br><br>"Get Your Fix on Route 66: Looking for Inspiration in
              Tough Times? The Grapes of Wrath bears fruit" by Jack
              Persico<br><br>"9/11 is Not a Joke," by Jason Pankoke (of
              Micro-FILM)<br><br>Media Junkies: Film, Television, Music, and Zine
              Reviews by LOW HUG writers.<br><br>The issue is 36 pages,
              digest sized, and is $2. Mailing addy is: A.j. Michel,
              PO Box 2574, Champaign, IL 61825<br><br>Thanks for
              HUG<br>"LOW HUG: Unpretentious and honest, though not
              necessarily exciting, since 1998."