Canzine 2001

  • xtimebmbx
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 18, 2001
      for those of you in Toronto and surrounding
      areas, check out Canzine 2001. This event will take
      placeon Sept 23, from 1 pm to 1am at theBig Bop, 651
      Queen West. Admission is free, tons of zines, and cool
      people. check it out.
    • triggerhappypromqueen
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 18, 2001
        gelatinous ham cubes needs submissions. subject, language and length don't matter. send them and any questions to gelatinoushamcube@...
      • ironfeather2001
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 21, 2001
          If you want a free zine ad or shout out to your
          friends in my zine then make contact asap<br><br>I just
          made a form where you can fill out your shyt online
          and we shall<br>print it in our next issue of IRON
          FEATHER JOURNAL #18 due out early
        • medellia2001
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 9, 2001
            hey people, just wanted to let you know that the
            second issue of thepunk rock-anarchy zine waste of ink
            is out now. if you wanna get a copy just send a
            buck/ 2 stamps or a trade to...<br>jen bittinger<br>mr
            box 0194 tulane university<br>31 mcalister dr<br>new
            orleans, la 70118
          • andipandipoo
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 10, 2002
              Hey, me and my friend are starting a zine and we
              need help! why do some people ask for two or more
              stamps when you request a copy of their zine? what is
              some of the lingo used in zine making? anything you
              can help us with is greatly appreciated
            • medellia2001
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 11, 2002
                it usually takes more than one stamp to mail a
                zine, esp if it's half-page size or larger. the first
                thing you have to do is decide what kind of zine you
                want to do---personal, political, craft, music, film,
                blah blah blah. write some articles, put in lots of
                pretty pictures, and, voila, you have a zine. --jen
                (w@ste of ink)
              • lowhug
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                  Call for entries: LAUNDRY BASKET. <br><br>A
                  one-shot zine from the editor of LOW HUG. This was just
                  going to be a feature, but I've decided to make a
                  mini-zine out of it. Therefore, I am opening the call
                  again. <br><br>I want to know about your dirty laundry.
                  mishaps(the entire load turns blue from that new towel you
                  threw in with the light colored wash); Laundromat
                  adventures (from equipment disasters to hostile run-in with
                  other patrons over the last free dryer to someone
                  trying to steal your underwear); advice from your mom or
                  laundry mentor (for example, how to make your own laundry
                  detergent with washing soda and Borax); or anything else
                  laundry,Laundromat, or fabric care related. <br><br>So, please
                  contribute if you can! Aim for a paragraph or two, around
                  200-225 words. The deadline is March 15th. Please e-mail
                  contributions to lowhug@... - please don't just post them
                  to the list as I may not see them, thank you.
                  - I tend to do zine-related things on the weekends,
                  and respond to e-mails then.<br><br>Please contribute
                  if you can. You'll get a copy of the issue when it
                • lowhug
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                    After much delay, LOW HUG #7 is finally ready,
                    hot off the photocopier! <br><br>It's turned out to
                    be a somewhat low-key issue, with many thoughts on
                    the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as a well-written
                    "Media Junkies" review
                    Editrix<br><br>"Get Your Fix on Route 66: Looking for Inspiration in
                    Tough Times? The Grapes of Wrath bears fruit" by Jack
                    Persico<br><br>"9/11 is Not a Joke," by Jason Pankoke (of
                    Micro-FILM)<br><br>Media Junkies: Film, Television, Music, and Zine
                    Reviews by LOW HUG writers.<br><br>The issue is 36 pages,
                    digest sized, and is $2. Mailing addy is: A.j. Michel,
                    PO Box 2574, Champaign, IL 61825<br><br>Thanks for
                    HUG<br>"LOW HUG: Unpretentious and honest, though not
                    necessarily exciting, since 1998."