warehouse practice

  • Aaron Ferral
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008
      Folks,

      Tom has graciously offered to host a rehearsal this week at his lovely
      home this Thursday at 7:30. Hopefully we won't go past 9:30 or 10. I
      need to get to bed too!

      I posted in the FILES section a list of tunes to run through for the
      warehouse and a list of new tunes to look at if we have time. (I find
      that organization works wonders.)

      This weekend I paid a visit to the widowed Mrs. Gerda Wetterau in her
      humble home and visited the relics of Robin Wetterau's legacy. We
      talked for a while and caught up about everyone's doings. She is very
      happy that we continue to play her husband's music. As far as Ted
      Shafer's ten dollars a pop, apparently 1 dollar of every piece was
      supposed to go to Robin. Of course, Robin didn't care - he just
      wanted the music to be played.

      After visiting with Gerda, I looked through the tattered library and
      pulled some tunes that would really help us, including:

      Black and White Rag ("Blackened Why Drag")
      Yellow Dog Blues (better version)
      That's A Plenty (better version)
      Poor Butterfly (tuba feature)
      Willie the Weeper (better version)
      Wolverine Blues (better version)
      Potato Head Blues (Armstrong classic)
      Tiger Moan (just looked cool)

      I will get Yellow Dog Blues ready for Thursday, should we decide to
      play it. (Tom, try to stifle your giggles as I croon the chorus!)

      There's also another little surprise that I'll bring along from
      Robin's stash.

      I'll spill more news at break time.

      P.S. I wonder if we could play a retirement home gig somewhere. I'm
      thinking that after the warehouse, we could rehearse the following
      Thursday the 18th and then plan on playing that set on Thursday the
      25th at a home, if everyone's schedules permit.

      BTW, Alan won't be with us this week, but Michael will come to play.
      Patrick, keep going on tuba - sounds great.

      See you Thursday!

      -Aaron
    • Rudy Westerman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        I'll be out of town on the 25th. I could do it the first week of October (although the second week would be even better).

        Rudy