Re: (unknown)

  • slik_nik73
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In thewonderwoman_forum@y..., Ocasio Jorge <papageno68@y...>
      wrote:

      > If they are going to make a Wonder Woman movie,
      > it should be about her, not about Dona Troy!!

      >I AGREE 100%. IN FACT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG THAT THE IDEA OF
      HAVING THE DONNA TROY CHARACTER IS A GOOD ONE AS LONG AS THEY DO THE
      STORY RIGHT. THEY COULD HAVE IT AS HER ACCEPTING THE "MANTLE" OF
      WONDER WOMAN (EVENTUALLY- LIKE AT THE VERY END!!!). FOR THAT, JUST
      THE RIGHT PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE PICKED. ESP. IF THERE ARE TO BE
      SEQUELS.
      BUT YOU ARE RIGHT IF THE MOVIE IS CALLED, "WONDER WOMAN" THAT IS WHO
      IT SHOULD CENTER AROUND.

      And Sandra Bullock have said that she is not
      > going to wear the WW costume. Isn't that crazy!!!!
      > What is she going to wear then?

      >YOU HADN'T HEARD ABOUT THE HIDEOUS "BLACK COSTUME" SHE CAME UP WITH
      TO WEAR? IT SOUNDS AWFUL. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY (AND SOMEONE
      CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!) THAT IT WOULD BE LIKE A LONG SLEEVE THING
      WITH A SKIRT AND THEN THE BRACELETS AND WHATEVER ELSE THEY DECIDED TO
      GIVE HER (THE TIARA, LASSO, ETC.)

      I don't understand how come a script who does
      > not honor the character has been going around
      > with acceptance!

      >WELL THAT MIGHT BE WHY IT IS TAKING SO LONG TO GET THE PROJECT OFF
      THE GROUND... THE TRUE VISIONARIES INVOLVED MIGHT WANT TO KEEP THINGS
      TRUER TO ORIGIN. AND THAT'S WHY SO FAR ALL THE SCRIPTS HAVE BEEN
      PASSED ON.LET'S HOPES SO ANYWAY!
      MY SUGGESTION IS... FIND A WRITER WHO IS ALREADY A DIE-HARD FAN AND
      LET THEM WRITE IT!!! IT' BEEN DONE BEFORE! I THINK THEY SHOULD
      CONTACT THE MEMBERS OF THE WW FANFIC GROUP, ie. YEOMAN PRINCE AND THE
      REST ABOUT IT... WHAT DO THE REST OF YOU THINK?

      *a_cop*

      "As the guns vomited their lethal load,
      > Diana moved with speed and fluid grace.
      > Her silver bracelets covering her forearms became a
      > blur of liquid mercury, deflecting the street lights
      > in a galaxy of scintillations, and deflecting
      > also the red-hot slugs that spewed from the weapons"
      > John Byrne's: Wonder Woman, gods and goddesses.

      > http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • peterdegret
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
        --- In thewonderwoman_forum@y..., "slik_nik73" <slik_nik73@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- In thewonderwoman_forum@y..., Ocasio Jorge <papageno68@y...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > If they are going to make a Wonder Woman movie,
        > > it should be about her, not about Dona Troy!!
        >

        > >I AGREE 100%. IN FACT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG THAT THE IDEA
        OF
        > HAVING THE DONNA TROY CHARACTER IS A GOOD ONE AS LONG AS THEY DO
        THE STORY RIGHT. THEY COULD HAVE IT AS HER ACCEPTING THE "MANTLE" OF
        > WONDER WOMAN (EVENTUALLY- LIKE AT THE VERY END!!!). FOR THAT, JUST
        > THE RIGHT PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE PICKED. ESP. IF THERE ARE TO BE
        > SEQUELS. BUT YOU ARE RIGHT IF THE MOVIE IS CALLED, "WONDER WOMAN"
        THAT IS WHO IT SHOULD CENTER AROUND.

        > And Sandra Bullock have said that she is not going to wear the WW
        costume. Isn't that crazy!!!! What is she going to wear then?

        > >YOU HADN'T HEARD ABOUT THE HIDEOUS "BLACK COSTUME" SHE CAME UP
        WITH
        > TO WEAR? IT SOUNDS AWFUL. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY (AND SOMEONE
        > CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!) THAT IT WOULD BE LIKE A LONG SLEEVE THING
        > WITH A SKIRT AND THEN THE BRACELETS AND WHATEVER ELSE THEY DECIDED
        TO GIVE HER (THE TIARA, LASSO, ETC.)

        That costume sounds like a variation of the Troia costume Donna Troy
        wore in the Titans books. Their is a picture of it in the Wondergirl
        photo folder. During the late 60's and early 70's they had Wonder
        Woman running around dress like a hippie and not using a costume. Of
        course they ended up canceling the book. The teenage boys saw too
        much clothing and the girls heard too much preaching. This sounds
        like that all over again.

        Peter