Re: more good news for Marvel:

  • thewwfanpage <nick_773@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
      I WOULD like to see a big screen version of of Green Lantern or Flash
      but really don't know if they'd ever get made. But you never know. A
      coupla years ago, I guess none of us would have expected to see
      Daredevil either. Or really this whole resurgence of superhero
      movies. For Green Lantern though, (since seeing the Justice League),
      I would prefer an African-American in the part. For one thing you
      NEVER see that and it's a good change IMO. For Flash, I thought about
      Billy Zane. But then I remembered he played some character awhile
      back... what was that? I didn't see the movie, but it was like a
      superhero-type character. It looked like a real "dark" movie. Was it
      something like "The Phantom"? Dunno, my memory's shot! For another
      female superheroine, I really would like to see Carla Cuigini from
      Spy Kids in a role. She is super-HOT and a really good actress. Maybe
      Catwoman, if the role was already promised to Ashley Judd, or so I
      hear! Of course, Ashley Judd in anything is a GOOD thing... Catwoman
      or otherwise!!!

      Nick

      --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Chris <chris_h71@y...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
        Correction... That was supposed to be Carla Gugino, not Cuigini.
        Don't know why I thought that was her name all this time!

        Nick

        --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "thewwfanpage

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2003
          Yes, Nick, that was THE PHANTOM. Though the movie was
          much more light-hearted than dark. I really liked it.
          It also had PRE-Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones
          in it as well. Just watched it again the other day.
          Not sure why I like it so much more than everyone else
          seems to, but I think it is a GOOD flick!!!!!
          Promotes the family unit as well. ;-)

          Chris H

          --- "thewwfanpage <nick_773@...>"
          <nick_773@...> wrote:
          > I WOULD like to see a big screen version of of Green
          > Lantern or Flash
          > but really don't know if they'd ever get made. But
          > you never know. A
          > coupla years ago, I guess none of us would have
          > expected to see
          > Daredevil either. Or really this whole resurgence of
          > superhero
          > movies. For Green Lantern though, (since seeing the
          > Justice League),
          > I would prefer an African-American in the part. For
          > one thing you
          > NEVER see that and it's a good change IMO. For
          > Flash, I thought about
          > Billy Zane. But then I remembered he played some
          > character awhile
          > back... what was that? I didn't see the movie, but
          > it was like a
          > superhero-type character. It looked like a real
          > "dark" movie. Was it
          > something like "The Phantom"? Dunno, my memory's
          > shot! For another
          > female superheroine, I really would like to see
          > Carla Cuigini from
          > Spy Kids in a role. She is super-HOT and a really
          > good actress. Maybe
          > Catwoman, if the role was already promised to Ashley
          > Judd, or so I
          > hear! Of course, Ashley Judd in anything is a GOOD
          > thing... Catwoman
          > or otherwise!!!
          >
          > Nick

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • thewwfanpage
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
            Well, was there another one called The Shadow or something like that?
            Maybe I have the two confused.

            wrote:
            > Yes, Nick, that was THE PHANTOM. Though the movie was
            > much more light-hearted than dark. I really liked it.
            > It also had PRE-Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones
            > in it as well. Just watched it again the other day.
            > Not sure why I like it so much more than everyone else
            > seems to, but I think it is a GOOD flick!!!!!
            > Promotes the family unit as well. ;-)
            >
            > Chris H
            >
            > --- "thewwfanpage <nick_773@e...>"
            > <nick_773@e...> wrote:
            > > I WOULD like to see a big screen version of of Green
            > > Lantern or Flash
            > > but really don't know if they'd ever get made. But
            > > you never know. A
            > > coupla years ago, I guess none of us would have
            > > expected to see
            > > Daredevil either. Or really this whole resurgence of
            > > superhero
            > > movies. For Green Lantern though, (since seeing the
            > > Justice League),
            > > I would prefer an African-American in the part. For
            > > one thing you
            > > NEVER see that and it's a good change IMO. For
            > > Flash, I thought about
            > > Billy Zane. But then I remembered he played some
            > > character awhile
            > > back... what was that? I didn't see the movie, but
            > > it was like a
            > > superhero-type character. It looked like a real
            > > "dark" movie. Was it
            > > something like "The Phantom"? Dunno, my memory's
            > > shot! For another
            > > female superheroine, I really would like to see
            > > Carla Cuigini from
            > > Spy Kids in a role. She is super-HOT and a really
            > > good actress. Maybe
            > > Catwoman, if the role was already promised to Ashley
            > > Judd, or so I
            > > hear! Of course, Ashley Judd in anything is a GOOD
            > > thing... Catwoman
            > > or otherwise!!!
            > >
            > > Nick

            > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
              THE SHADOW was the one that starred Alec Baldwin.
              Though not a Baldwin fan, I also enjoyed that one.
              Maybe I am just an odd duck, or maybe I am the only
              one who can see what a GOOD film is. ;-) HAHAHAHAHA
              Later, dudes!!!!!!!

              Chris H

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            • Peter
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2003
                People have always liked Heros. Especialy those that overcome
                incredible odds, put others needs before there own, or look to
                redeem themselves for living a selfish life. These themes strike a
                cord in peoples hearts. You can see it in the audience they draw,
                and the fans they keep. The old saturday afternoon movie serials
                were full of comic book hero, the women being repressented almost
                equally with the men. Batman, Superman, Nyoka the Jungle girl,
                Sheena Queen of the Jungle, The Phantom, Nighthawks and, Captain
                Marvel were a few of many. When television started replacing the
                cheap movie serials who did they turn to, comic book heros. They had
                Superman, Sheena, Captain Midnite, Flash Gordon, Zoro, and The Lone
                Ranger, eventually they were followed by Batman, the Flash and the
                Green Hornet. Recently syndicated series have returned to using
                comic book material such as Nightman. The sophisicated executives at
                the studio may not see the appeal of the genre, but the audience
                always will.

                Peter