Hello!

  • thewwfanpage
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
      Just wanted to welcome all the new members! I have been very remiss
      as of late in doing that, so...

      But I'd love for everyone to have input in the group here. Just to
      get the ball a-rollin'...

      What's your favorite incarnation of Wonder Woman from comics, TV, etc?

      What's your favorite episode from the TV show and which era did you
      prefer the most, ABC or CBS?

      What are your thoughts about an upcoming movie and do you think there
      will be one made in the near future? Who should star and what should
      the storyline be like?

      Hope to hear from you soon!

      Group Moderator,
      N~
    • maximln@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
        > What's your favorite incarnation of Wonder Woman from comics, TV, etc?

        It would definately have to be from TV. Nobody can match Lynda Carter! I don't like the way they've changed the Wonder Woman lore in the comics. Imagine, there is no longer a Paradise Island! If anyone watches the new Justice League cartoon on the Cartoon Network, there have been some great Wonder Woman stories. Two episodes were dedicated to Wonder Woman and "Themyiscara." The most recent had Wonder Woman go back in time and she actually met and "fell for" Steve Trevor.

        > What's your favorite episode from the TV show and which era did you
        > prefer the most, ABC or CBS?

        I definately prefer the ABC episodes although there were many good CBS episodes. The ABC version just seemed to epitimize what Wonder Woman was all about and Lynda Carter portrayed her perfectly. She had such an innocence that was lost in the CBS version but perhaps that was intentional since the series was brought to the present and Wonder Woman was now familiar with "Man's World." My favorite episode would probably have to be "Judgement from Outer Space." I love the way Wonder Woman interacts with Andros and the conversations they had but of course, depending on my mood, my favorite episode can change. "Fausta" is another favorite.

        > What are your thoughts about an upcoming movie and do you think there
        > will be one made in the near future? Who should star and
        > what should
        > the storyline be like?

        My thoughts are that I hope they hurry and make this movie!! I think they should go with an unknown with a cameo by Lynda Carter (Did everyone see her brief cameo in "Super Troopers?") I think it would be a mistake to go with a big star. I've seen the previews for the new Daredevil movie and it just seems strange to have Ben Affluck as the star.

        Max
      • Jorge Ocasio
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2002

          > What's your favorite incarnation of Wonder Woman from comics, TV, etc?
          So far the TV incarnation. Lynda Carter was more than perfect as Wonder Woman. I also like the Justice League rendition of her. And I would love to see either WB or Cartoon Network come up with a Wonder Woman Animated Series in the future.

          > What's your favorite episode from the TV show and which era did you
          > prefer the most, ABC or CBS?
          I prefer ABC and all the World War II episodes. It is like having the original comic on screen. My favorite one is "Feminum Mystique" I think Lynda looks gorgeous on that one. And the Wonder Girl character was corny, but very funny.

          > What are your thoughts about an upcoming movie and do you think there
          > will be one made in the near future? Who should star and
          > what should
          > the storyline be like?

          I would also like to see this movie done already. Or at least on development so we'll know it's going somewhere. I would definitely like a lesser known actress for the role. Then Wonder Woman can be portrayed without comparissons. The plot line can be modern, but as close to the character origins as possible. No Bullock bullshit. And keep the costume intact. Good inspirations for the costumes are Alex Ross or Adam Hughes. If you want to know my idea of a good plot line, go to Nick's web page and read my story line! ;-)

          Jorge.

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • good_fineline_evil
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2002
            > What's your favorite incarnation of Wonder Woman from comics, TV,
            etc?

            Mine is also the TV show, although I love the way she has been drawn
            in the comics in times past, preferably the early eighties with
            Lopez, etc. I have always had this idea in my mind of what she should
            look like that the more recent comics come nowhere close to. It's ind
            of disappointing. I have not collected all along and would like to be
            able to start with the latest runs, but they have no appeal, imo.

            > What's your favorite episode from the TV show and which era did you
            > prefer the most, ABC or CBS?

            It used to always be the CBS years because I liked the whole modern-
            day spy aspect of it. But in re-watching the shows, I feel like the
            ABC run was better all in all. My fave episode... ABC- toss-up
            between Judgement and Feminum Mystique. CBS- The Boy Who knew Her
            Secret.
          • Peter
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2002
              I'm split between the mid seventies and late eighties comic
              incarnations. Good art and good stories.

              I thought they tried harder during the ABC years. Many of the CBS
              episodes surpassed camp and went straight to silly. Although the
              last episode of the second season actually had a plot. The origional
              pilot would have to be the episode I liked the best. I was dipoined
              that the intrigue elements died off in the series to second string
              formula.

              JP

              --- In thewonderwoman_forum@y..., "good_fineline_evil"
              <nick_773@e...> wrote:

              > > What's your favorite incarnation of Wonder Woman from comics,
              TV,
              > etc?
              >
              > Mine is also the TV show, although I love the way she has been
              drawn
              > in the comics in times past, preferably the early eighties with
              > Lopez, etc. I have always had this idea in my mind of what she
              should
              > look like that the more recent comics come nowhere close to. It's
              ind
              > of disappointing. I have not collected all along and would like to
              be
              > able to start with the latest runs, but they have no appeal, imo.
              >

              > > What's your favorite episode from the TV show and which era did
              you
              > > prefer the most, ABC or CBS?
              >

              > It used to always be the CBS years because I liked the whole
              modern-
              > day spy aspect of it. But in re-watching the shows, I feel like
              the
              > ABC run was better all in all. My fave episode... ABC- toss-up
              > between Judgement and Feminum Mystique. CBS- The Boy Who knew Her
              > Secret.
            • Chris
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
                I just read on www.comics2film.com that the SUPERMAN
                movie is scouting for unknowns now. They want to keep
                from altering the character to the needs of a
                high-profile star. MAYBE that means that WONDER WOMAN
                will get the same treatment, which SO many of us have
                BEGGED for for so long now. Just wanted to pass along
                the info!!!

                Chris H

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Jorge Ocasio
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003

                  It is good news. I mean, that was precisely what we were telling them. Big characters like Wonder Woman and Superman don't need a big markee name, they stand by themselves. And with WW it kind of spoils the character essence and plot line if you have a big celebrity. For me, you won't be able to see the character, you will see so or so pretending to be WW. Just get a very good relatively unknown actress that would play the part to the fullest and made us all believe WW is alive and on the screen. Let us hope now that they start moving along with this project already!!!!!

                  Jorge.

                • good_fineline_evil <nick_773@earthlink.n
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2003
                    That is good news and bodes well for WW. But tell me... do we
                    actually NEED another Superman movie at this point? Don't get me
                    wrong--- I would love to see one. But there have already been three
                    feature films and several series. Wonder Woman has had one
                    forgettable "made for TV movie" and then the series with Lynda. NO
                    FEATURE FILM STILL! Why are they continuing to put her on the back-
                    burner in favor of recycling other projects? I don't get it...

                    --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Jorge Ocasio
                    <wonder_chico68@y...> wrote:

                    > It is good news. I mean, that was precisely what we were telling
                    them. Big characters like Wonder Woman and Superman don't need a big
                    markee name, they stand by themselves. And with WW it kind of spoils
                    the character essence and plot line if you have a big celebrity. For
                    me, you won't be able to see the character, you will see so or so
                    pretending to be WW. Just get a very good relatively unknown actress
                    that would play the part to the fullest and made us all believe WW is
                    alive and on the screen. Let us hope now that they start moving along
                    with this project already!!!!!
                    > Jorge.
                    > Chris <chris_h71@y...> wrote: I just read on www.comics2film.com
                    that the SUPERMAN
                    > movie is scouting for unknowns now. They want to keep
                    > from altering the character to the needs of a
                    > high-profile star. MAYBE that means that WONDER WOMAN
                    > will get the same treatment, which SO many of us have
                    > BEGGED for for so long now. Just wanted to pass along
                    > the info!!!
                    >
                    > Chris H

                    Service.

                  • Peter <peterdegret@hotpop.com>
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
                      Strong female characters afend their chauvanistic tendancies. Look at
                      most of the movies with female leeds. They ussually put a strong man
                      in the backround to save the day or give emotional comfort. Stand
                      alone females undermine their egos.

                      Peter

                      --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "good_fineline_evil
                      <nick_773@e...>" <nick_773@e...> wrote:
                      > That is good news and bodes well for WW. But tell me... do we
                      > actually NEED another Superman movie at this point? Don't get me
                      > wrong--- I would love to see one. But there have already been three
                      > feature films and several series. Wonder Woman has had one
                      > forgettable "made for TV movie" and then the series with Lynda. NO
                      > FEATURE FILM STILL! Why are they continuing to put her on the back-
                      > burner in favor of recycling other projects? I don't get it...
                      >

                      > --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Jorge Ocasio
                      > <wonder_chico68@y...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > It is good news. I mean, that was precisely what we were telling
                      > them. Big characters like Wonder Woman and Superman don't need a
                      big
                      > markee name, they stand by themselves. And with WW it kind of
                      spoils
                      > the character essence and plot line if you have a big celebrity.
                      For
                      > me, you won't be able to see the character, you will see so or so
                      > pretending to be WW. Just get a very good relatively unknown
                      actress
                      > that would play the part to the fullest and made us all believe WW
                      is
                      > alive and on the screen. Let us hope now that they start moving
                      along
                      > with this project already!!!!!
                      > > Jorge.
                      > > Chris <chris_h71@y...> wrote: I just read on www.comics2film.com
                      > that the SUPERMAN
                      > > movie is scouting for unknowns now. They want to keep
                      > > from altering the character to the needs of a
                      > > high-profile star. MAYBE that means that WONDER WOMAN
                      > > will get the same treatment, which SO many of us have
                      > > BEGGED for for so long now. Just wanted to pass along
                      > > the info!!!
                      > >
                      > > Chris H

                      > Service.

                      > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now
                    • S F
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 12, 2003

                        about the Supes movie, it's good that they're looking for an unknown, but if they don't include Reeves in on it, I will be very disappointed and upset - as I'm sure others will be.

                        Do you Yahoo!?