Yahoo Article

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
      For those of you who have not seen it yet, FINALLY there is potential hope on the WONDER WOMAN live action front.  The following article is copied from Yahoo:

      LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) — Wonder Woman is still heading to the screen, but instead of coming to a theater near you, the Amazon princess is returning to television.

      Warner Bros. Television is developing a modern-day reboot of the classic DC comic book heroine and has lassoed an unlikely talent to potentially write and produce the superhero project: David E. Kelley, the showrunner behind legal dramas such as "Ally McBeal," "Boston Legal" and "The Practice."

      The news comes after nearly a decade of attempts by Warner Bros. and producer Joel Silver to launch a big-screen version. Actresses ranging from Angelina Jolie to Beyonce Knowles to Megan Fox have thrown their hat in the ring for the starring role at one time or another.

      In 2005, Warner Bros. announced Joss Whedon would write and direct the film adaptation. But Whedon said he never ended up being able to finish the draft, and two years later left the project.

      "They just didn't like my take," Whedon said at the time. "It's pretty simple." (He is back in the superhero world, though, prepping "The Avengers" for a winter shoot).

      Any new "Wonder Woman" won't likely have an easy road to the small screen either.

      Though the 1975-79 TV series starring Lynda Carter remains the most memorable version of the character in pop culture, major networks have struggled to make female-driven action series work beyond NBC's "Heroes."

    • Darci
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010
        Chris,
        Thanks, the fact that they've found a "name" like David E Kelley's to attach to the project gives us some hope.  I'm not sure about some of the facts, however.  Megan Fox, for instance, never expressed any interest in the role.  That was all the work of a Fox fan.  In fact, she made a comment that WW was "lame" IIRC.
        Darci

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010
          Well, I won't say I put any stock in Megan Fox.  Personally I think she is ugly (she looks like the total "b" she seems to be).  Sorry, but I just don't find an ALWAYS scowling face (even when she smiles, she looks mean) to be pretty.  I am also hopeful for the series, because as I always said, a TV series will gives us a faster turnover on SO MANY more stories.  I think television is also proving itself to be the force feature films are (not the unimpressive view Hollywood had in the 70s), so the quality should be just as good as any theatrical version could be.  If you ask me, even though it shows WB/DC's complete lack of faith in WW, at least it is a BIG win for fans of the character!!!!!!!!!!!

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010
            Absolutely no to megan fox ! That nasty obnoxious harpy of a pygmie is a classless hack who insulted the role. Definitely unworthy. Hollywood execs need to stop letting their 'little producers' make casting considerations.

            ----------

[...]

            [Related: The Worst Superhero TV Shows Ever]

            In 2005, Warner Bros. announced Joss Whedon would write and direct the film adaptation. But Whedon said he never ended up being able to finish the draft, and two years later left the project.

            "They just didn't like my take," Whedon said at the time. "It's pretty simple." (He is back in the superhero world, though, prepping "The Avengers" for a winter shoot).

            Any new "Wonder Woman" won't likely have an easy road to the small screen either.

            Though the 1975-79 TV series starring Lynda Carter remains the most memorable version of the character in pop culture, major networks have struggled to make female-driven action series work beyond NBC's "Heroes."
          • Bobby Hutchison
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010

              I agree!

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010
                Wonder woman is a classic american icon. Brave, kind, intelligent, regal, likable. Everything megan fox is not.