Re: WONDER WOMAN NEWS UPDATES - 4/23/10

  • xmscity1225
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2010
      Any word on who is "replacing" the Golden Age Wonder Woman in the JSA retroactively? I know that Miss America was suppose to have that role, but it seemed like the "Golden Age" Fury was also considered to take the place of the original Wonder Woman. (I think the latter lasted about five minutes in that role, except for giving birth to Fury from Infinity Inc.)

      --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "raffya" <raffya@...> wrote:

      > THE LATEST NEWS AS OF April 23, 2010 !!!!!!
      >
      > "WW Continuity Problems and Paradoxes have been corrected!"
      > -Hippolyta's Time Traveling to 1942 to become the World War II Wonder Woman has been abolished !!
      >
      > -Princess DIANA is the FIRST Wonder Woman in everyone's eyes and has been restored as a Founding member of the Justice League of America incurrent continuity !!
      >
      > -As of Justice League of America Issue # 44, DONNA TROY now possesses a silvery-blue magic "Lasso of Persuasion" and will be presented by her sister, Wonder Woman with a NEW COSTUME in Justice League of America # 48 (per writer, James Robinson)
      >
      > -BLACK LANTERN WONDER WOMAN Action Figure is now available in comicbook stores
      >
      > -WONDER WOMAN: Essential Encyclopedia by Phil Jimenez & John Wells in Stores on April 27, 2010
      >
      > - WONDER WOMAN ANIMATED MOVIE Motion Picture Score Soundtrack (Limited Edition of 1200 Units)Feat. the Music of Christopher Drake is now available on CD from LaLaLandrecords.com and as a download from Itunes and Amazon.com
      >
      > -WONDER WOMAN # 45 will be renumbered to Issue# 600 and will be a double-sized issue which will feature Stories by Geoff Johns, Gail Simone (her final issue), and J. Michael Straczynski (his first issue) with Art by George Perez, Phil Jimenez, etc. with cover art by George Perez and a variant cover by Adam Hughes !!
      >
      > -THE NEW WONDER WOMAN CREATIVE TEAM AS OF ISSUE# 601 IS: J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5, Thor) and the New Artist is Don Kramer (Blackest Night Power of Shazam, Justice Society of America)
      >
      > -LYNDA CARTER AS WONDER WOMAN likeness Bust is coming from DC Direct
      >
      > -LYNDA CARTER AS WONDER WOMAN Statue also available !
      >
      > -THE UPDATED WONDER WOMAN Timeline (Post Infinite-Crisis) is now online at http://raffywonderverse.blogspot.com
      >
      > -Visit http://wonderverse.triod.com
      >

      > Hola!
      >
      > Raffy

    • Darci
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2010
        DC seems to be determined to expunge every trace of Roy Thomas's work from their universes.  I'd expect they don't have any intention of including Helena Kosmatos as a member of the JSA.  Anyone heard anything official?
        I also think some of Wonder Woman's appearances in the JSA were retconned to belong to Black Canary, IIRC.
        Thanks,
        Darci