Megan Fox not Wonder Woman?

  • frederick2353
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2009
      Hi,

      Here's some links I found about Megan Fox in a Wonder Woman outfit. Pretty cool. Also a link about the Justice League.

      http://wonder-who.com/

      http://www.justiceleagueonfilm.com/2008/11/megan-gale-vs-m.html

      Anyway, what about Joel Silver's Wonder Woman? Does anyone know if it's even on the table or in developement? It seems like a big hush hush.

      Last year I saw them filming transformers 2 on the campus of Princeton University. I saw the director - forget his name right now but he shot the scene in front of the University Chapel. Let's see what is his name? Oh Yea. Michael Bay was riding on a camera on like small railroad tracks. Looked like he was having fun. I think they did about maybe 10 takes of that one scene ... you know over and over again till they got it right. Quite a major operation though I was not interested in seeing they movie.

      Cheers,
      Fred
    • AMangelsSW@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2009
        In a message dated 8/11/09 11:28:58 AM, frederick2353@... writes:
        Anyway, what about Joel Silver's Wonder Woman? Does anyone know if it's even on the table or in developement? It seems like a big hush hush.

        No, Megan Fox is NOT going to play Wonder Woman.

        Yes, the movie is still "in development," as it has been for over 20 years now.

        No, there is absolutely no movement or forward momentum on the movie, and there hasn't been for about a year now. It's not "hush-hush." It's "nothing is happening."

        Best,
        Andy Mangels
        www.AndyMangels.com
        www.WonderWomanMuseum.com
        Member, International Association of Media Tie-In Writers

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
          YEah, this is so frustrating too.  I mean, the animated movie did so well with so much acclaim, and still no movement.  Yet, pieces like JONAH HEX which have little or no fanbase are being optioned constantly.  I think I saw a report even ADAM STRANGE is in development.  Oh, how I wish WW was a Marvel property right now.

          Chris H

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
            You wish WW was a Marvel property????  BITE YOUR TONGUE, CHRIS!  They'd muck her up like they have all their other comic book properties!!

            Jeez, why can't people be patient???  Does anyone stop and think that maybe Warner Bros wants to put out the BEST WW movie they can and not rush into it and end up making another CATWOMAN??  WW is a well known commodity - JONAH HEX and ADAM STRANGE (a character that I personally like)...not so well known.  I'm as frustrated as the next WW fan but I want to see a quality product on the screen...NOT a piece of schlock just to get the movie out there....

            Please check out my new art services webpage at
            www.theartzone2006.com
            AND visit my online store at
            www.cafepress.com/theARTZone

          • amyraeapples@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 13, 2009
              Megan Fox has mentioned in an interview that Wonder Woman is the worst superhero ever.  She should, most definitely, not be playing Wonder Woman!  Besides, Wonder Woman isn't orange.

              Amy :)
            • jon sauer

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 14, 2009
                  OK, SPIDEY 3 was pretty bad. Otherwise, Marvel has done a fantastic job with their characters, esp, in my opinion, DAREDEVIL, the critically blasted film that it was.  I mean, if you ever read DAREDEVIL, you know the movie got it right.  Yeah, there was some cheesy dialogue, but the story was strong and accurate.  Same with both FANTASTIC FOUR films, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, IRON MAN, BLADE, X-MEN 1 & 2.  What has DC done?  A short lived BIRDS OF PREY series, a way too long SMALLVILLE (yes I love SMALLVILLE, but how many people can know his secret, including Lex, and why are they still SMALLVILLE but always in Metropolis?), BATMAN and SUPERMAN films, then of course the really bad CATWOMAN and CONSTANTINE, which both make HULK and ELEKTRA look like Oscar worthy films in my book.  I am just saying, WB/DC needs to start working the strong properties, prove that WW is NOT just about T&A, as her real fans know, and get her out there.  She has gotten one animated feature, everything else she was kinda overshadowed or just part of the team.  It was very rare that she actually got to be the story arc on JUSTICE LEAGUE and she never got her own series.  The Lynda Carter WW is heralded to this day and yet they still will not get more effort into making WW.  This is why I said I wish WW was a Marvel property.  Marvel has put a lot of effort into making MANY characters on the screen.  DC has continually opted for Superman and Batman.  I ma not knocking the Superman and Batman films, but I want more than just 2 caharcters being made.

                  Chris H

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 16, 2009
                    well Chris, you've overlooked ALOT of Marvel clunkers too -

                    - GENERATION X (tv movie)
                    - NICK FURY  (tv movie)
                    - SPIDER-MAN (short lived tv series)
                    - CAPTAIN AMERICA (2 tv movies)
                    - CAPTAIN AMERICA (straight to video feature)
                    - DOCTOR STRANGE (tv movie)
                    - THE PUNISHER (with Dolph Lundgren)
                    - GHOST RIDER (feature)

                    Now the reason BIRDS OF PREY didn't last long was the producers didn't follow the source material.  The ONLY positive thing about BofP was the Barbara Gordon character as she was the most consistant.  We even got to see her as Batgirl in flashbacks.  Yeah, SMALLVILLE has it's problems (as I only watch it when DC guest stars appear).  You missed THE FLASH - highly praised but a terrible timeslot (against THE COSBY SHOW AND THE SIMPSONS) and shifting nights but only lasted a year.  LOIS AND CLARK ran for several seasons.  ABC aired the series (albeit short lived as well) THE HUMAN TARGET with Rick Springfield - and THE HUMAN TARGET again makes his debut on FOX this winter (January I believe).  Sure JONAH HEX is not a widely know property but it got made.  But in regards to WW, I honestly believe that after BATMAN FOREVER, BATMAN AND ROBIN and most recently of course SUPERMAN RETURNS (which, while it didn't do what WARNER expected but DID do respectively well - $200 mil ain't chicken feed but did have flaws), the studio wants to be certain they have a winner.   Yes, Marvel HAS put out alot of movies, but like you said yourself, they weren't ALL successful.

                    The movie industry is a hit or miss business.  If I owned a studio, I'd be erring on the side of HIT, as opposed to just getting the movies out.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 17, 2009
                      See, I just re-watched CAP AMER on youtube, and I still say, though it is not a great film, it is good, esp for the obviously low-budget it had.  As for the 70s TV films, I LOVE those and thought they did a great job with them.  Dolph's PUNISHER was watchable, which is more than I can say for WAR ZONE.  What can you say about THE FLASH, it was fantastic.  Bought it as soon as it was released to DVD, not to mention recording all the episodes off SciFi and buying the 2 VHS (pilot and TRICKSTER).  HUMAN TARGET I knew nothing about.  I am glad you mentioned that one, as I will definitely be looking that up.  I liked Rick Springfield, and I really liked his pilot for FOREVER KNIGHT, wish he had made it to the series, but Geraint, the bad bionic man, was good too.  I did like GENERATION X and always enjoyed the (again) obviously low-budget SPIDEY series.  I even enjoyed SPIDEY on THE ELECTRIC COMPANY.  I will give you GHOST RIDER and NICK FURY (cannot believe David Goyer wrote that script).  They would be equal to CATWOMAN and CONSTANTINE for bad.

                      I also watched MISFITS OF SCIENCE on youtube this past weekend, and I gotta say I still loved the show.  I was expecting it to be supercheesy and not as enjoyable, but I still think it is a great show and still hope it will be released to DVD.

                      I also still enjoy SHAZAM, as bad as it was.  Of course, it was a 70s Saturday morning show, so high quality writing was not a must for it.

                      Anyway, I am looking forward to some of the new live action adaptations coming, but I still do not understand why WW stays on the backburner, rather then being greenlit and pushed forward.  They can work on it until they get it right, but from what I am seeing, there is NO movement on her.  That is where my whole rant came from.  No I do not want another Cathy Lee Crosby or anything like that, but they could keep retooling what is wrong, but still be moving forward.

                      Chris H