Re: jla film casting and other bits

  • joyuzsong
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
      Okay,
      I may be getting on top of my soap box again and yelling out my truths into the wind or just
      stating some facts that have become a part of my life. My love for comics and primarily WW
      has been right up there with my passion for sports. My beloved Red Sox have brought me
      great delight and the NE Patriots are poised to steam roll into the history books. For me, the
      people at DC and their competitors have dropped the ball and fumbled me away as a long
      term fan. I have more things going on in my life and there is very little that is happening with
      WW that keeps me returning to the comic book store. My pals at my local establishment
      probably think that I've fallen off of the planet but I have more things to do with m money
      than to spend it following the sometimes scheduled adventures of my favorite comic ook
      heroine. So, I am on hiatis for a very long while, throwing in the towel, hey, I won't bore you
      with tons of bad sports cliches,....let's put it simply....I give up. I am sooooo out of her. I'll be
      reading, guys.....but not posting much. Best to all. You are better fans than I am.

      Sadly........Joy
    • nvrmnt2fade
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
        People turning DOWN roles in JLA??? WHAT??? The two they mentioned
        for WW I am happy about, since they are totally wrong for the part. I
        don't know anything about Columbus Short, but Tyrese Gibson would
        have been a decent GL. What about Tyson Beckford for GL?

        Can someone explain to me exactly what "popcorn factor" is?

        --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby Hutchison"
        <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

        > Article can found at:
        > http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Columbus-Short-Is-Not-Green-Lantern-
        6798.html

        > By Rafe Telsch: 2007-10-30 19:09:56
        >

        > Columbus Short Is Not Green LanternWe're getting to the point where
        it
        > almost seems cooler to have rejected a role in the upcoming JLA
        movie than
        > to have accepted one. Look at the amount of talent that has
        said, "no," to
        > the powers behind the movie: Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica
        Biel for
        > Wonder Woman, Tyrese Gibson for Green Lantern, and, of course, the
        heavies
        > Christian Bale and Brandon Routh as Batman and Superman
        respectively.

        > A new name has been added to the list - not as a cast member but as
        an actor
        > who has turned down a part in the Justice League movie: Columbus
        Short
        > (Stomp the Yard). Reportedly, Short was offered a shot at wearing
        the ring
        > of the Green Lantern, but opted not to take part.
        >
        > Short told MTV
        > <http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/10/30/columbus-short-turns-down-
        lantern-ring
        > -for-justice-league/> Movie Blog that he thinks JLA is going to be
        huge,
        > but isn't a movie he wants to be a part of due to the popcorn
        factor. As the
        > actor isn't the first actor to mention that (and probably won't be
        the
        > last), I can't help but worry that the movie will suffer from a
        rushed
        > script.
        >
        > Think about it: Batman Begins, Spider-Man 2, X-Men United, these
        are all
        > high-bar superhero movies. They also all manage to survive with a
        > significantly low cheese factor. They're just good stories that are
        about
        > superheroes. It sounds like JLA is trying to be a good superhero
        movie,
        > which almost always leads to cheesy plot elements.
        >
        > We really should be getting to the point where we're reporting
        actual cast
        > members, yet the rejections keep on flowing. Is this movie actually
        going to
        > be made or is it going to wind up being the most talked about,
        unfilmed
        > failure in movie history?

      • Raffy
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
          **I prefer Tyson Beckford or Taye Diggs.

          Raffy

          wrote:

          > Article can found at:
          > http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Columbus-Short-Is-Not-Green-Lantern-
          6798.html

          > By Rafe Telsch: 2007-10-30 19:09:56
          >

          > Columbus Short Is Not Green LanternWe're getting to the point where
          it
          > almost seems cooler to have rejected a role in the upcoming JLA
          movie than
          > to have accepted one. Look at the amount of talent that has
          said, "no," to
          > the powers behind the movie: Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica
          Biel for
          > Wonder Woman, Tyrese Gibson for Green Lantern, and, of course, the
          heavies
          > Christian Bale and Brandon Routh as Batman and Superman
          respectively.

          > A new name has been added to the list - not as a cast member but as
          an actor
          > who has turned down a part in the Justice League movie: Columbus
          Short
          > (Stomp the Yard). Reportedly, Short was offered a shot at wearing
          the ring
          > of the Green Lantern, but opted not to take part.
          >
          > Short told MTV
          > lantern-ring
          > -for-justice-league/> Movie Blog that he thinks JLA is going to be
          huge,
          > but isn't a movie he wants to be a part of due to the popcorn
          factor. As the
          > actor isn't the first actor to mention that (and probably won't be
          the
          > last), I can't help but worry that the movie will suffer from a
          rushed
          > script.
          >
          > Think about it: Batman Begins, Spider-Man 2, X-Men United, these
          are all
          > high-bar superhero movies. They also all manage to survive with a
          > significantly low cheese factor. They're just good stories that are
          about
          > superheroes. It sounds like JLA is trying to be a good superhero
          movie,
          > which almost always leads to cheesy plot elements.
          >
          > We really should be getting to the point where we're reporting
          actual cast
          > members, yet the rejections keep on flowing. Is this movie actually
          going to
          > be made or is it going to wind up being the most talked about,
          unfilmed
          > failure in movie history?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:thewonderwoman_forum-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:thewonderwoman_forum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Your Favorite Comics are available at:
          COMICS CONSPIRACY !!
          115-A E. Fremont Ave
          Sunnyvale, CA 94087
          (408) 245-6275
          "Not Just Another Mutant Hangout!"
          THE HERCULOIDS Fan Group- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/herculoids
          Watch "HEROES" on NBC on Monday Nights OR AT http://www.nbc.com/heroes
          Visit the Official DARNA Website- http://www.marsravelodarna.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • N N
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
            Taye Diggs would work too...

            wrote:

            > Article can found at:
            > http://www.cinemabl end.com/new/ Columbus- Short-Is- Not-Green- Lantern-
            6798.html

            > By Rafe Telsch: 2007-10-30 19:09:56
            >

            > Columbus Short Is Not Green LanternWe're getting to the point where
            it
            > almost seems cooler to have rejected a role in the upcoming JLA
            movie than
            > to have accepted one. Look at the amount of talent that has
            said, "no," to
            > the powers behind the movie: Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica
            Biel for
            > Wonder Woman, Tyrese Gibson for Green Lantern, and, of course, the
            heavies
            > Christian Bale and Brandon Routh as Batman and Superman
            respectively.

            > A new name has been added to the list - not as a cast member but as
            an actor
            > who has turned down a part in the Justice League movie: Columbus
            Short
            > (Stomp the Yard). Reportedly, Short was offered a shot at wearing
            the ring
            > of the Green Lantern, but opted not to take part.
            >
            > Short told MTV
            > lantern-ring
            > -for-justice- league/> Movie Blog that he thinks JLA is going to be
            huge,
            > but isn't a movie he wants to be a part of due to the popcorn
            factor. As the
            > actor isn't the first actor to mention that (and probably won't be
            the
            > last), I can't help but worry that the movie will suffer from a
            rushed
            > script.
            >
            > Think about it: Batman Begins, Spider-Man 2, X-Men United, these
            are all
            > high-bar superhero movies. They also all manage to survive with a
            > significantly low cheese factor. They're just good stories that are
            about
            > superheroes. It sounds like JLA is trying to be a good superhero
            movie,
            > which almost always leads to cheesy plot elements.
            >
            > We really should be getting to the point where we're reporting
            actual cast
            > members, yet the rejections keep on flowing. Is this movie actually
            going to
            > be made or is it going to wind up being the most talked about,
            unfilmed
            > failure in movie history?

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/thewonderw oman_forum/

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/thewonderw oman_forum/ join
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:thewonderwom an_forum- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
            mailto:thewonderwom an_forum- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

            http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            Your Favorite Comics are available at:
            COMICS CONSPIRACY !!
            115-A E. Fremont Ave
            Sunnyvale, CA 94087
            (408) 245-6275
            "Not Just Another Mutant Hangout!"
            THE HERCULOIDS Fan Group- http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/herculoids
            Watch "HEROES" on NBC on Monday Nights OR AT http://www.nbc. com/heroes
            JOIN RAFFY'S DC SUPERHEROES CLUB- http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/dc_ superheroes
            Visit the Official DARNA Website- http://www.marsrave lodarna.com

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo..com
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 2, 2007
              I would GLADLY take Taye Diggs. He is a great actor
              and I was extremely disappointed when ABC did not
              continue showing DAYBREAK. It was a great show and he
              led it very well. Anyway, I was glad they at least
              finished it out on-line. Why can't good shows like
              that be MORE successful instead of these crap
              "reality" shows? Also, has anyone else read about the
              GREEN LANTERN pilot? I know they have signed Greg
              Berlanti to direct (he also directed THE BROKEN HEARTS
              CLUB). I really hope they do GL justice and make a
              GREAT series out of him, preferably Hal Jordan. I
              would also love to see GREEN ARROW spin out of
              SMALLVILLE, letting SMALLVILLE end before they ruin
              the series.

              Chris H

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 2, 2007
                Smallville end??? If last night's episode is any indication, it seems
                the show has some more life left in it. That was a REALLY good one
                esp. the twist at the end!

                --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Chris <chris_h71@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                > > movie,
                > > > which almost always leads to cheesy plot elements.
                > >

                > > > We really should be getting to the point where
                > > we're reporting
                > > actual cast
                > > > members, yet the rejections keep on flowing. Is
                > > this movie actually
                > > going to
                > > > be made or is it going to wind up being the most
                > > talked about,
                > > unfilmed
                > > > failure in movie history?
                > > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                > > Your Favorite Comics are available at:
                > > COMICS CONSPIRACY !!
                > > 115-A E. Fremont Ave
                > > Sunnyvale, CA 94087
                > > (408) 245-6275
                > > "Not Just Another Mutant Hangout!"
                > > THE HERCULOIDS Fan Group-
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/herculoids
                > > Watch "HEROES" on NBC on Monday Nights OR AT

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 2, 2007
                  I enjoyed the episode, but if you watch Season 5, you
                  will see how much it was sufferring. I just do not
                  want SMALLVILLE to go the way of SOOOOOOOOO many
                  shows, dragging on WAY past their time, just to keep a
                  hit. I loved THE X-FILES, but they should have ended
                  when Duchovny left. I am thrilled though that
                  Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, and Chris Carter are
                  coming back for THE X-FILES 2. Anyway, that was what
                  I meant by going off before it goes too long.

                  Chris H

                  === message truncated ===

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • raffya
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 5, 2007
                    ***I'm sorry to hear that Joy. Its just too bad that you have decided
                    to give up just when the book is finally on a monthly schedule and
                    just 1 week before Gail Simone begins her run. Just when she finally
                    has a good writer/Artist team...

                    Raffy

                    --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "joyuzsong"
                    <joyuzsong@...> wrote:

                    > Okay,
                    > I may be getting on top of my soap box again and yelling out my
                    truths into the wind or just
                    > stating some facts that have become a part of my life. My love for
                    comics and primarily WW
                    > has been right up there with my passion for sports. My beloved Red
                    Sox have brought me
                    > great delight and the NE Patriots are poised to steam roll into the
                    history books. For me, the
                    > people at DC and their competitors have dropped the ball and
                    fumbled me away as a long
                    > term fan. I have more things going on in my life and there is very
                    little that is happening with
                    > WW that keeps me returning to the comic book store. My pals at my
                    local establishment
                    > probably think that I've fallen off of the planet but I have more
                    things to do with m money
                    > than to spend it following the sometimes scheduled adventures of my
                    favorite comic ook
                    > heroine. So, I am on hiatis for a very long while, throwing in the
                    towel, hey, I won't bore you
                    > with tons of bad sports cliches,....let's put it simply....I give
                    up. I am sooooo out of her. I'll be
                    > reading, guys.....but not posting much. Best to all. You are better
                    fans than I am.

                    > Sadly........Joy

                  • Bobby Hutchison
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 5, 2007

                      I do have to say that I am nothing less than thrilled with the new writer/artist team for WW. The Dodsons are nothing less than amazing and I can’t wait to see what Gail comes up with. The whole JLA film and WW film stuff all has me down but at least there’s something to look forward to with the book. Yay!

                      <joyuzsong@...> wrote:

                      > Okay,
                      > I may be getting on top of my soap box again and yelling out my
                      truths into the wind or just
                      > stating some facts that have become a part of my life. My love for
                      comics and primarily WW
                      > has been right up there with my passion for sports. My beloved Red
                      Sox have brought me
                      > great delight and the NE Patriots are poised to steam roll into the
                      history books. For me, the
                      > people at DC and their competitors have dropped the ball and
                      fumbled me away as a long
                      > term fan. I have more things going on in my life and there is very
                      little that is happening with
                      > WW that keeps me returning to the comic book store. My pals at my
                      local establishment
                      > probably think that I've fallen off of the planet but I have more
                      things to do with m money
                      > than to spend it following the sometimes scheduled adventures of my
                      favorite comic ook
                      > heroine. So, I am on hiatis for a very long while, throwing in the
                      towel, hey, I won't bore you
                      > with tons of bad sports cliches,....let's put it simply....I give
                      up. I am sooooo out of her. I'll be
                      > reading, guys.....but not posting much. Best to all. You are better
                      fans than I am.

                      > Sadly........Joy

                    • Chris
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007
                        I am just speculating here, mind you, but maybe the
                        writer's strike will get WB to put the WW film into
                        production. We all know they have the script. It was
                        HIGHLY regarded and set in WWII. They just need to
                        act fast and cast her so they can beat the pending
                        strikes of next year. Wouldn't it be great if the
                        strike actually did benefit WW? My fear though is
                        this will be much like the WAY TOO LONG strike of
                        1987. I remember it enough to know TV was hurting BAD
                        that year. Anyway, I just wondered what everyone else
                        thought. BTW, Andy, are you in the guild? I do agree
                        the writer's deserve a bigger piece of the pie. The
                        studio's should just take the hit and lose a few
                        profits from what they are stockpiling. I also hope
                        it ends soon.

                        Chris H

                        http://mail.yahoo.com