Wonder Experts, your opinions on the details pls. :-)

  • Raffy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Wonder Friends,

      If you haven't read WW Annual # 1 yet, pls. refrain from reading this

      But if you already have, I want to hear your speculations.

      I am very happy that Donna's True Origin as having been saved by DIANA as Wonder Woman has finally been restored. (It was the logical thing for them to do. Diana's Origin was backdated to where it was meant to be: Right after the appearance of Superman & Batman and before the formation of the JLA.  Which means the world had Diana as Wonder Woman BEFORE there ever was a Wonder Girl.)

      This is how the annual revealed Donna's NEW Earth Origin-

      Donna Troy was originally a magical twin of Princess Diana. Created by the Amazon sorceress Magala so that Diana would have a playmate of her own age. But a new enemy of Dianas mother, Dark Angel, kidnapped the twin, thinking she was Diana, and kept her in a state of suspended animation for years, until fate intervened. Donna Troy was returned to paradise island where she trained with both the amazons and the titans of myth, before joining the Teen Titans as Wondergirl."

      There are some details that weren't mentioned but it's PERFECTLY Ok with me.  My guess is this:

      Donna was originally a magical twin of Princess Diana. Created by the Amazon sorceress Magala so that Diana would have a playmate of her own age. By using a fragment of Diana's soul, her mirror image was given life and made flesh and blood. Giving Diana a younger sister.

      Magala and Diana kept the existence of her mystic twin- "Donna" a secret from the others including Queen Hippolyte herself.

      But an enemy of Diana's mother, Dark Angel (who fought Hippolyte in the 1940's when she was Wonder Woman), kidnapped the twin, thinking she was Diana, and kept her in a state of suspended animation for years.  Eventually, Dark Angel left DONNA to die in a building fire,  until fate intervened.
      The grown-up Princess Diana-now WONDER WOMAN rescued Donna from the fire and was returned to paradise island where she trained with both the amazons and the titans of myth who also named her "Troia".  Taking inspiration from her sister-Wonder Woman, Donna fashioned a costume based on Diana's, before joining the Teen Titans as Wondergirl." She combines her Amazon given and Titan given names together as her full name- DONNA TROY

      I got the impression that "Donna" was a name given her by Magala and/or young Princess Diana when she came to life.  I don't think either of them would have referred to Diana's new playmate as "Hola, Mystic Twin, wanna fly around the island"  They'd have to have named her :-)

      Hehehehe

      Sigh!!

      Fanboy Raffy !

      Your Favorite Comics are available at:
      COMICS CONSPIRACY !!
      115-A E. Fremont Ave
      Sunnyvale, CA 94087
      (408) 245-6275
      "Not Just Another Mutant Hangout!"
      THE HERCULOIDS Fan Group- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/herculoids
      Watch "HEROES" on NBC on Monday Nights OR AT http://www.nbc.com/heroes
      Visit the Official DARNA Website- http://www.marsravelodarna.com

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        It is all too confusing for me. I just wanna know
        when the TV show is going to be used for all the
        history in the comic. I mean they keep changing WW to
        match the show. Her sin change, her mortality as
        Diana Prince, and I love that, because I like the
        origins in the TV show better. The only thing they
        would need to change is Steve Trevor & Steve Trevor,
        Jr. Unfortunately, this would mean we would have to
        lose Steve Trevor, but it would not be the first time.

        Chris H

      • raffya
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
          --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Chris <chris_h71@...>
          wrote:

          > It is all too confusing for me. I just wanna know
          > when the TV show is going to be used for all the
          > history in the comic. I mean they keep changing WW to
          > match the show.

          **They keep changing her to match the era too :-) But it's all fun
          and all good.

          Her spin change, her mortality as
          > Diana Prince, and I love that, because I like the
          > origins in the TV show better.

          **I like aspects of the different versions. The mortal "Diana
          Prince"which came to show works well with the situation our beloved
          heroine is undergoing right now. It may not have been appropriate
          during the Perez run but it works so well right now.

          Specially since the Themyscirans have disappeared. The Olympians have
          been subdued by the New Gods, and her original mission failed in the
          wake of the Infinite Crisis and Max Lord Execution.

          So now, Diana is redefining her role and place in the world under her
          own terms. Not under direct mandate of the gods.

          The only thing they
          > would need to change is Steve Trevor & Steve Trevor,
          > Jr. Unfortunately, this would mean we would have to
          > lose Steve Trevor, but it would not be the first time.
          >
          > Chris H

          ****Steve Trevor as Diana's love interest is young, alive and well
          and is Diana's contemporary on NEW EARTH-2. So the classic
          relationship is alive in another incarnation.

          But I am enjoying the partnership with Tom Tresser- NEMESIS and am
          glad its not a rehash of what's already been done before.

          Raffy:-)

          > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's
          updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.