showcase presents wonder woman (?)

  • BRETT PEAKE
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      dc have recently reprinted much of its silver age range as the bw soft
      cover 'showcase presents' series, but have snubbed wonder woman.
      the denny o neil era where diana relinquishes her powers and becomes a
      sort of 'girl from uncle' spy were among some of the finest written ww
      issues from the 1st series, but are almost impossible to collect ... a
      showcase volume would be a real treat for fans.

      can't believe they've reprinted a showcase 'haunted tank' and neglected
      there third most popular character! where is 'showcase presents wonder
      woman?'

      brett
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
        Well, u know, she is the most ignored character in the
        comics world with her level of popularity. Marvel
        should acquire the rights to her, then maybe we could
        see movement on her. I am just tired of the excuses,
        they can't replace Lynda, they can't get a good
        script, they don't have the budget to take a risk on
        her, it is all nonsense. If DC wanted to do the
        character, they would find the way to make it work.
        Instead, they keep giving reasons to NOT do it and
        hire a guy to write and direct the film who does not
        even like or understand the character. I have almost
        given up ANY hope of seeing her done.

        Chris H

        --- BRETT PEAKE <mrbrettpeake@...> wrote:

        > dc have recently reprinted much of its silver age
        > range as the bw soft
        > cover 'showcase presents' series, but have snubbed
        > wonder woman.
        > the denny o neil era where diana relinquishes her
        > powers and becomes a
        > sort of 'girl from uncle' spy were among some of the
        > finest written ww
        > issues from the 1st series, but are almost
        > impossible to collect ... a
        > showcase volume would be a real treat for fans.
        >
        > can't believe they've reprinted a showcase 'haunted
        > tank' and neglected
        > there third most popular character! where is
        > 'showcase presents wonder
        > woman?'
        >
        > brett

        Have a burning question?
      • Georgeo
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
          I agree a 100%! It is very dissapointing. And I am with you, I have lost all hope to see her on the big screen any soon. And by the news we are getting these days I rather have no movie at all!

          Jorge.

          --- BRETT PEAKE <mrbrettpeake@ yahoo.co. uk> wrote:

          > dc have recently reprinted much of its silver age
          > range as the bw soft
          > cover 'showcase presents' series, but have snubbed
          > wonder
          woman.
          > the denny o neil era where diana relinquishes her
          > powers and becomes a
          > sort of 'girl from uncle' spy were among some of the
          > finest written ww
          > issues from the 1st series, but are almost
          > impossible to collect ... a
          > showcase volume would be a real treat for fans.
          >
          > can't believe they've reprinted a showcase 'haunted
          > tank' and neglected
          > there third most popular character! where is
          > 'showcase presents wonder
          > woman?'
          >
          > brett

          Have a burning question?
          Go to www.Answers. yahoo.com and get answers from real people who know.

          Be a PS3 game guru.
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
            According to comicscontinuum.com, David Goyer has left
            THE FLASH film now as well. This makes me think, once
            again, DC/WB has no interest in making any character
            into a live action series or film other than those
            from the Batman and Superman universes. And, let's
            face it, that was wonderful thinking when they
            released the CATWOMAN film. Every decade since the
            40s, there has been some form of Superman on the
            screen and the 40s then the 60s to now, Batman has
            gotten the same treatment. WW, the third character in
            the universe has gotten one real attempt in the 70s,
            no other decade has been given to WW (I refuse to
            count the 60s comedy version). Anyway, The Flash got
            one season in the 90s, and nothing else has really
            been tried. Maybe they will see now that they have
            more characters, but I kind of doubt it.

            Chris H

            It's here! Your new message!