Re: [thewonderwoman_forum] Re: Need for Wonder Woman

  • Raffy
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
      Brett Peake <mrbrettpeake@...> wrote:
      're-rewrite' is usually a euphemism for 'buried' ... i enjoy whedon's x-men comics as much as the next the next guy, but if he can't commit to a ww movie he should hand it over to someone who can

      ********Or at the very least, Get other Writers who are good and LIKE  Wonder Woman to Co-write with him.

      BATMAN BEGINS & SUPERMAN RETURNS had writing teams.

      Why must Wonder Woman be written exclusively by the director?
      Joss coule even get the other writers who have collaborated with him on BUFFY if he likes. This way, he can "keep it within the family".

      Raffy

      raffya <raffya@...> wrote:

      Whedon is supposedly doing more rewrites.

      I just dont know whether he is CURRENTLY working on the WW rewrite.

      All In know is he's busy writing Astonishing X-Men Comics as well as
      announcing his new comics series- "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer Season
      8".

      Ive said it before and I'll say it again- Aren't all these extra
      projects DISTRACTING Joss from working on Wonder Woman?

      Raffy

      In thewonderwoman_ forum@yahoogroup s.com, Brett Peake
      <mrbrettpeake@ ...> wrote:

      > has the josh whedon ww movie vanished without trace before it even
      appears???

      > Chris <chris_h71@. ..> wrote: Hey raffy, has anyone griped
      and complained on DC
      > boards about how WW is completely ignored (except for
      > 1 series) while Batman and Superman have countless
      > incarnations? I mean, she is one of the Holy Trinity
      > of DC and we have had ONE real attempt at her which
      > was great. It seems like they have no desire to try
      > to do another WW film or series. On one hand, I can
      > understand because Lynda was SOOOOOO good in the role.
      > On the other hand, there is bound to be someone else
      > who can do GREAT with the character too. I just miss
      > the new stories for WW and hate to see DC CONSTANTLY
      > ignoring great characters. OK, I am ending the rant
      > now. Happy New Year to everyone!!!! !!!!!
      >
      > Chris H

      > Do You Yahoo!?
      > http://mail. yahoo.com

      http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

      Your Favorite Comics are available at:
      Comics Conspiracy
      115-A E. Fremont Ave
      Sunnyvale, CA 94087
      (408) 245-6275
      "Not Just Another Mutant Hangout!"
      Watch "HEROES" on NBC on Monday Nights OR AT http://www.nbc.com/heroes
      Watch "SMALLVILLE" & "SUPERNATURAL" on the CW Network-Thursday nights.
      Visit the Official DARNA Website: http://www.marsravelodarna.com
      Visit World Wide comics forum:http://worldwidecomics.jconserv.net/

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
        No, it just keeps taking forever to get ANY movement
        on it. It is sooooo frustrating to see them move
        ahead with Batman & Supes, but no WW.

        Chris H

        --- Brett Peake <mrbrettpeake@...> wrote:

        > has the josh whedon ww movie vanished without trace
        > before it even appears???
        >
        > Chris <chris_h71@...> wrote: Hey
        > raffy, has anyone griped and complained on DC
        > boards about how WW is completely ignored (except
        > for
        > 1 series) while Batman and Superman have countless
        > incarnations? I mean, she is one of the Holy Trinity
        > of DC and we have had ONE real attempt at her which
        > was great. It seems like they have no desire to try
        > to do another WW film or series. On one hand, I can
        > understand because Lynda was SOOOOOO good in the
        > role.
        > On the other hand, there is bound to be someone else
        > who can do GREAT with the character too. I just miss
        > the new stories for WW and hate to see DC CONSTANTLY
        > ignoring great characters. OK, I am ending the rant
        > now. Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!!!!!
        >
        > Chris H

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
          OBVIOUSLY

          Any ideas on THE FLASH movie yet Raffy? I loved the
          TV series and he is another fun character DC has been
          ignoring, like WW and Green lantern.

          Chris H

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
            --- Brett Peake <mrbrettpeake@...> wrote:

            > 're-rewrite' is usually a euphemism for 'buried' ...
            > i enjoy whedon's x-men comics as much as the next
            > the next guy, but if he can't commit to a ww movie
            > he should hand it over to someone who can, and stop
            > infuriating ww fans, diana deserves better than
            > this!

            APPLAUSE
            APPLAUSE
            CLAP
            CLAP

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Georgeo
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
              Well, the spin was created by her and nobody like the creator. Well, maybe me and I can coach the new actress if they want me to. ;)

              Jorge.

              boards about how WW is completely ignored (except for
              1 series) while Batman and Superman have countless
              incarnations?

              **All the time.

              I mean, she is one of the Holy Trinity
              of DC and we have had ONE real attempt at her which
              was great.

              ***According to thoose "Industry experts", Wonder Woman is much more complex and difficult to write because of all the contradictions (etc. blah blah blah)
              But I THINK- If DC hired Talented people WHO ALSO KNOW Wonder Woman and WANT to write/draw Wonder Woman, it should be good.

              But You know these writers. Unless the hero's Origin involved something tragic- Like having your Planet explode, or your parents gunned down, they dont know how to write Wonder Woman.

               It seems like they have no desire to try
              to do another WW film or series.

              **Film?  DC Comics has no connection to the FILM being produced by Joel Silver and Joss Whedon.

              On one hand, I can
              understand because Lynda was SOOOOOO good in the role.

              **Yes she is. Here's another OBSERVATION:

              The famous WONDER-SPIN only looks cool when LYNDA CARTER does it. That's because it isn't just spinning randomly. It's really supposed to be like a dance step.
              It's a pirouette. Unless the new actress is trained on how to do a pirouette, I dont think the Wonder spin will work with a new actress.
              SPinning in a clumsy manner like Sarah Michelle Gellar did or the way the Wonder Woman Fan Film just didnt work.

              On the other hand, there is bound to be someone else
              who can do GREAT with the character too. I just miss
              the new stories for WW and hate to see DC CONSTANTLY
              ignoring great characters. OK, I am ending the rant
              now. Happy New Year to everyone!!!! !!!!!

              Chris H

              ****Im trying to be optimistic. At least DC has finally began to set things in motion.
              After decades of fan requests, we finally get to have a 2nd Wonder Woman title. Done by a Fan favorite Artist who sounds like he also LIKES the character.

              Good Luck to Adam Hughes.

              Raffy

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/thewonderw oman_forum/

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/thewonderw oman_forum/ join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:thewonderwom an_forum- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
              mailto:thewonderwom an_forum- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              Join NBC HEROES Yahoo Group- http://tv.groups. yahoo.com/ group/nbc- heroes

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                They certainly are! :(

                <mrbrettpeake@ ...> wrote:

                > has the josh whedon ww movie vanished without trace before it even
                appears???

                > Chris <chris_h71@. ..> wrote: Hey raffy, has anyone griped
                and complained on DC
                > boards about how WW is completely ignored (except for
                > 1 series) while Batman and Superman have countless
                > incarnations? I mean, she is one of the
                Holy Trinity
                > of DC and we have had ONE real attempt at her which
                > was great. It seems like they have no desire to try
                > to do another WW film or series. On one hand, I can
                > understand because Lynda was SOOOOOO good in the role.
                > On the other hand, there is bound to be someone else
                > who can do GREAT with the character too. I just miss
                > the new stories for WW and hate to see DC CONSTANTLY
                > ignoring great characters. OK, I am ending the rant
                > now. Happy New Year to everyone!!!! !!!!!
                >
                > Chris H

                > Do You Yahoo!?
                > http://mail. yahoo.com

                http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Raffy
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                  The Wonder Spin can be learned.

                  But a new actress needs to realize that it's a PIROUETTE.  A Dance.

                  Even that other Wonder Fan- "Wonder Robbie" from youtube got it right.  Hehehehehe

                  Fans are fun.

                  Raffy