DARK KNIGHT casting

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
      Well, 2 of the names mentioned here are rumored for
      THE DARK KNIGHT. Heath Ledger is confirmmed as Joker
      on comicscontinuum.com, but still a rumor on
      comicbookmovie.com. CBM.com is also where they
      announced the rumor that Ryan Phillippe will play
      Harvey Dent. Although I am thrilled such great actors
      are added to Batman, I am disappointed in the fact it
      will hurt them playing Steve Trevor in the WW film.
      Also, IRON MAN is pushing along, and the DVD movie is
      previewed on ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 as well as the DR
      STRANGE film. If anyone wants to know more, check
      either of the 2 sites, they are really good at posting
      reliable info. Later!!!!!

      Chris H

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bobby Hutchison
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
        Chris,

        I feel the same way - I am super excited about Heath Ledger playing the Joker but I really wanted him as Steve Trevor.  I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too.

        Bobby

        Well, 2 of the names mentioned here are rumored for
        THE DARK KNIGHT. Heath Ledger is confirmmed as Joker
        on comicscontinuum. com, but still a rumor on
        comicbookmovie. com. CBM.com is also where they
        announced the rumor that Ryan Phillippe will play
        Harvey Dent. Although I am thrilled such great actors
        are added to Batman, I am disappointed in the fact it
        will hurt them playing Steve Trevor in the WW film.
        Also, IRON MAN is pushing along, and the DVD movie is
        previewed on ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 as well as the DR
        STRANGE film. If anyone wants to know more, check
        either of the 2 sites, they are really good at posting
        reliable info. Later!!!!!

        Chris H

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • Georgeo
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
          I didn't have my heart set on him as Steve Trevor, but he would have been great! But then, what if we go for a dark hair Steve and have Jake Gyllenhaal playing Steve? That could be really sexy. I mean, both dark hair blue eyes it sounds really good! :)

          Jorge.
          PS: Anyway, between you and me; I don't think neither of them would take the role. Just a hunch. ;)

          Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:
[...]

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2006
            First off, the disheartening news. Fat Momma lost out
            on the final episode of WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO.
            I was not a fan of the show, but I loved Fat Momma,
            her attitude was EXCELLENT. Maybe, JUST maybe, the
            powers that be will decide she s PERFECT to add to the
            WW film, I mean, she has been upbeat and super in
            every sense of the word from the bits I have seen of
            the competition. Maybe SHE could play Etta Candy in
            the film? Anyone agree with me?

            OK, now the real casting rumor, Katherine McPhee of
            AMERICAN IDOL fame is up for the role of our favorite
            heroine. You can read the story and see her picture
            here:
            http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2956.asp

            Chris H

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Georgeo
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1 10:33 AM
              I know! I was watching the show and I was rooting for her. She was amazing. The one people thought was going to be eliminated from the very beggining lasted till the last two! But, she was charming, she was determined and she was tough as nails. I love her!
              What pisses me off the most is that Feedback even though a good player and a good character, played the emotional card blatantly from the very beggining with his "I became an adult reading Stan Lee's comics" and "Stan Lee is the only father figure I had." Boo hoo! So what? I am not saying his story isn't true, but c'mon! He was playing that card shamelessly and that's why I didn't like him won. I would have rather had Major Victory over him!
              In my very humble opinion, Fat Momma was more genuine. More real. And kids being as tough as they are chose her as their favorite. And that is amazing!!!
              I wanted her to win, but I knew it was not going to happen. :(

              I can see her palying Etta Candy, but I don't think she would do it. As you could see she is a full time mom and that is what she wants to do. She entered the competition tom please her kids and she did it for them.

              Now, about the Katherine rumors, this is not the first time is mentioned and if it is true I can totally see her as Wonder Woman. Not my ideal choice, but I think she can pull it off admirably! :)

              Jorge.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2 11:15 PM
                I remember the posting of the WW/Supes statue, I
                remember the picture of it, I even remember the cost
                was $195. What I cannot remember is the date it is
                due out, can anyone help?

                Chris H

                http://mail.yahoo.com