Re: [thewonderwoman_forum] Re: Correct Version!!! BEST LOOKING =w= and Eagle design combination

  • Raffy
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
      WOW. Nicola Scott is an excellent designer.  Love that Wonder Woman logo.

      ultimatewonder1 <nick_773@...> wrote:
      That's the emblem created by artist Nicola Scott. Have you guys seen
      her work?

      N-

      --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Raffy wrote:

      > Raffy wrote: Wonder Friends,
      >

      > Watch this VIDEOCLIP. A Fan Made Edit of a "Wonder Woman Movie" Trailer.
      >

      > Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE INTRODUCTION WHERE THEY
      FEATURE A VERY COOL COMBINED VERSION OF THE =W= AND eAGLE SYMBOL.

      > eNJOY!!!
      >
      > I hope Watner bros. can see this so this can be used for the real movie.
      >
      > Raffy
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbe-bXSJl2I&search=wonder%20woman

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Georgeo
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
        The clip was very good, Raffy. Thanks for the link. And I agree with you and Bobby, the =w= + eagle combination design is awesome. It is definitely movie material!!

        Thanks again!!!

        Jorge.

        Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:
        Hey Raffy,

        I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to the group.  You beat me to it!

        The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.  I've seen a small handfull of the combined eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like this for our movie.

        I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!

        Bobby

        Watch this VIDEOCLIP. A Fan Made Edit of a "Wonder Woman Movie" Trailer.

        Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE INTRODUCTION WHERE THEY FEATURE A VERY COOL COMBINED VERSION OF THE  =W= AND eAGLE SYMBOL.

        eNJOY!!!

        I hope Watner bros. can see this so this can be used for the real movie.

        Raffy

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbe-bXSJl2I&search=wonder%20woman

        Finally!!! there's a Nice new Filipino Restaurant in Sunnyvale, California: BORACAY TROPICAL GRILL- 401 Town and Country Village, Sunnyvale, CA 94086 / Call them at Tel. (408) 739-4200!! The Quality food, Pleasant and Airy atmosphere are Superb. They have Yummy Lunch Special Combos too!!

        Yahoo! Mail

        Wonder womanWonder woman costume

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Yahoo! Mail

      • Georgeo
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
          I am with you too, but I was thinking the other day and it is better to start with a villain out of her rogue so we can all expect more to come. I think Silver Swan should be a villain for a second or third movie. If I were to choose a villainf from her rogue for the first time I say Ares. It falls under the mythology aspect and gives an origin story purpose. We have to have a reasson she comes to man's world. ;)

          Jorge.

          Chris <chris_h71@...> wrote:
          I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
          will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
          in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
          get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
          Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
          with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
          original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
          is gonna hit the big screen.

          Chris H

          --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

          > Hey Raffy,
          >
          > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
          > the group.  You beat me to it!
          >
          > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
          >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
          > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
          > this for our movie.
          >
          > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
          >
          > Bobby

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Mail

        • Georgeo
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
            I also like the idea of a new villain, but even though I fancy the idea of WW2 I don't think he is going to go there. I think the movie is going to be set in present times. But who knows what he would do. Anyway, I think that so far I like his ideas, and I'm hoping and praying that he does not mess with the costume. If he doesn't I am open to possibilities. And yes, Diana is a must and so is a wonderful transformation. Wonder if he will get creative with that..... ;)

            Jorge.

            Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:
            Personally I like the idea of an original Whedon villain.  I think the movie should have the core of WW and absolutely have THE costume.  But hey, let Whedon have his fun too and be creative.  So as long as he gives us WW with her basic history and core and her costume, have fun create new villains.  Go for it.

            Still on my wish list is Diana Prince.  Would LOVE that.  Of course we could be introduced to her in WW2.  Too much may be going on in the first movie.

            Notice how hopeful I am - I'm already talking about WW2 and we don't even have the first one yet??!!
            I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
            will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
            in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
            get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
            Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
            with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
            original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
            is gonna hit the big screen.

            Chris H

            --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

            > Hey Raffy,
            >
            > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
            > the group.  You beat me to it!
            >
            > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
            >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
            > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
            > this for our movie.
            >
            > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
            >
            > Bobby

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Mail

          • Georgeo
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
              Oh my God!!! That's true!! I forgot about Nicola!! Her art work is excellent. I love her. Thanks for pointing that out Nick!!!

              Jorge.

              --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Raffy <raffya@...> wrote:

              > Raffy <raffya@...> wrote: Wonder Friends,
              >

              > Watch this VIDEOCLIP. A Fan Made Edit of a "Wonder Woman Movie" Trailer.
              >

              > Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE INTRODUCTION WHERE THEY
              FEATURE A VERY COOL COMBINED VERSION OF THE  =W= AND eAGLE SYMBOL.

              > eNJOY!!!
              >
              > I hope Watner bros. can see this so this can be used for the real movie.
              >
              > Raffy
              >
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbe-bXSJl2I&search=wonder%20woman
              >

              > Finally!!! there's a Nice new Filipino Restaurant in Sunnyvale,
              California: BORACAY TROPICAL GRILL- 401 Town and Country Village,
              Sunnyvale, CA 94086 / Call them at Tel. (408) 739-4200!! The Quality
              food, Pleasant and Airy atmosphere are Superb.  They have Yummy Lunch
              Special Combos too!!

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! Mail
              > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

            • Bobby Hutchison
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
                Hey Jorge,

                Actually I was referring to Wonder Woman 2 as in the sequal (second movie)...I'm putting the cart before the horse of course as we don't even have the first yet. :)

                Bobby

                I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
                will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
                in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
                get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
                Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
                with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
                original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
                is gonna hit the big screen.

                Chris H

                --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

                > Hey Raffy,
                >
                > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
                > the group.  You beat me to it!
                >
                > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
                >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
                > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
                > this for our movie.
                >
                > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
                >
                > Bobby

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Yahoo! Mail

              • Georgeo

                  I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
                  will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
                  in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
                  get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
                  Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
                  with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
                  original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
                  is gonna hit the big screen.

                  Chris H

                  --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

                  > Hey Raffy,
                  >
                  > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
                  > the group.  You beat me to it!
                  >
                  > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
                  >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
                  > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
                  > this for our movie.
                  >
                  > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
                  >
                  > Bobby

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                  Yahoo! Mail

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  Yahoo! Mail

                • Bobby Hutchison

                    I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
                    will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
                    in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
                    get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
                    Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
                    with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
                    original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
                    is gonna hit the big screen.

                    Chris H

                    --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Raffy,
                    >
                    > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
                    > the group.  You beat me to it!
                    >
                    > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
                    >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
                    > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
                    > this for our movie.
                    >
                    > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
                    >
                    > Bobby

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                    Yahoo! Mail

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    Yahoo! Mail

                  • Raffy

                      I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
                      will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
                      in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
                      get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
                      Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
                      with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
                      original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
                      is gonna hit the big screen.

                      Chris H

                      --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

                      > Hey Raffy,
                      >
                      > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
                      > the group.  You beat me to it!
                      >
                      > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
                      >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
                      > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
                      > this for our movie.
                      >
                      > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
                      >
                      > Bobby

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                      Yahoo! Mail

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006

                        DC did say they would come up with SPOOF solicitations so that we can be surprised with the future DC books.

                           Could the Vol. 3 WW# 1 be a spoof by Terry Dodson??

                        or is it the news that the Vol. 3 Wonder Woman would have more Earth-2 characteristics , flightless, etc. be the spoof??

                        Something to think about.

                        At this point, I'm open to an alternative design to the variant costumes for the FILM version.

                        As long as it features the Wonder Woman colors and classic coat of arms.

                        Raptor breastplates, Golden magic lasso, magic bracelets (they can make it Gold instead of silver if they want.)

                        I'm even open to the Amazonian Footwear with Straps (as hoimage to the Silver Age look) as long as it is red.

                        I dont know how in the world Joss will get rid of the star-spangled look as long as there's blue and white in the costume.

                        Raffy

                        P.S. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new double =w= look. hehehe

                        Georgeo <wonder_chico68@...> wrote:
                        Oh my God!!! That's true!! I forgot about Nicola!! Her art work is excellent. I love her. Thanks for pointing that out Nick!!!

                        Jorge.

                        ultimatewonder1 <nick_773@...> wrote:
                        That's the emblem created by artist Nicola Scott. Have you guys seen
                        her work?

                        N-

                        --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Raffy <raffya@...> wrote:

                        > Raffy <raffya@...> wrote: Wonder Friends,
                        >

                        > Watch this VIDEOCLIP. A Fan Made Edit of a "Wonder Woman Movie" Trailer.
                        >

                        > Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE INTRODUCTION WHERE THEY
                        FEATURE A VERY COOL COMBINED VERSION OF THE  =W= AND eAGLE SYMBOL.

                        > eNJOY!!!
                        >
                        > I hope Watner bros. can see this so this can be used for the real movie.
                        >
                        > Raffy
                        >
                        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbe-bXSJl2I&search=wonder%20woman
                        >

                        > Finally!!! there's a Nice new Filipino Restaurant in Sunnyvale,
                        California: BORACAY TROPICAL GRILL- 401 Town and Country Village,
                        Sunnyvale, CA 94086 / Call them at Tel. (408) 739-4200!! The Quality
                        food, Pleasant and Airy atmosphere are Superb.  They have Yummy Lunch
                        Special Combos too!!

                        > ---------------------------------
                        > Yahoo! Mail
                        > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

                        Wonder womanWonder woman costume

                        Yahoo! Mail

                      • Raffy

                          I agree, and I also think the combined eagle & =w=
                          will make ALL fans happy.  It will keep both costumes
                          in play, so no matter which one each fan wants, they
                          get it.  Now if Whedon would have only used Cheetah or
                          Silver Swan for the villain, I would be super thrilled
                          with this film's potential progress.  As it is an
                          original Whedon villain, though, I am just thrilled WW
                          is gonna hit the big screen.

                          Chris H

                          --- Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:

                          > Hey Raffy,
                          >
                          > I had seen this and was planning on forwarding to
                          > the group.  You beat me to it!
                          >
                          > The combined Eagle/=w= is one of the best I've seen.
                          >  I've seen a small handfull of the combined
                          > eagle/=w= and I really am hoping for something like
                          > this for our movie.
                          >
                          > I hope someone suggests this to Whedon!
                          >
                          > Bobby

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                          Yahoo! Mail

                          Finally!!! there's a Nice new Filipino Restaurant in Sunnyvale, California: BORACAY TROPICAL GRILL- 401 Town and Country Village, Sunnyvale, CA 94086 / Call them at Tel. (408) 739-4200!! The Quality food, Pleasant and Airy atmosphere are Superb. They have Yummy Lunch Special Combos too!!

                          Yahoo! Mail

                        • Chris
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 1, 2006
                            I don't know, I hated the strap shoes. ;-)

                            Chris H

                            --- Raffy <raffya@...> wrote:

                            > DC did say they would come up with SPOOF
                            > solicitations so that we can be surprised with the
                            > future DC books.
                            >
                            > Could the Vol. 3 WW# 1 be a spoof by Terry
                            > Dodson??
                            >
                            > or is it the news that the Vol. 3 Wonder Woman
                            > would have more Earth-2 characteristics ,
                            > flightless, etc. be the spoof??
                            >
                            > Something to think about.
                            >
                            > At this point, I'm open to an alternative design
                            > to the variant costumes for the FILM version.
                            >
                            > As long as it features the Wonder Woman colors and
                            > classic coat of arms.
                            >
                            > Raptor breastplates, Golden magic lasso, magic
                            > bracelets (they can make it Gold instead of silver
                            > if they want.)
                            >
                            > I'm even open to the Amazonian Footwear with
                            > Straps (as hoimage to the Silver Age look) as long
                            > as it is red.
                            >
                            > I dont know how in the world Joss will get rid of
                            > the star-spangled look as long as there's blue and
                            > white in the costume.
                            >
                            > Raffy
                            >
                            > P.S. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new
                            > double =w= look. hehehe
                            >

                            > Georgeo <wonder_chico68@...> wrote: Oh my
                            > God!!! That's true!! I forgot about Nicola!! Her art
                            > work is excellent. I love her. Thanks for pointing
                            > that out Nick!!!
                            >
                            > Jorge.
                            >
                            > ultimatewonder1 <nick_773@...> wrote:
                            > That's the emblem created by artist Nicola Scott.
                            > Have you guys seen
                            > her work?
                            >
                            > N-
                            >

                            > --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Raffy
                            > <raffya@...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Raffy <raffya@...> wrote: Wonder Friends,
                            > >

                            > > Watch this VIDEOCLIP. A Fan Made Edit of a "Wonder
                            > Woman Movie" Trailer.
                            > >

                            > > Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE
                            > INTRODUCTION WHERE THEY
                            > FEATURE A VERY COOL COMBINED VERSION OF THE =W= AND
                            > eAGLE SYMBOL.
                            > >

                            > > eNJOY!!!
                            > >
                            > > I hope Watner bros. can see this so this can be
                            > used for the real movie.
                            > >
                            > > Raffy

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbe-bXSJl2I&search=wonder%20woman

                            > > Finally!!! there's a Nice new Filipino Restaurant
                            > in Sunnyvale,
                            > California: BORACAY TROPICAL GRILL- 401 Town and
                            > Country Village,
                            > Sunnyvale, CA 94086 / Call them at Tel. (408)
                            > 739-4200!! The Quality
                            > food, Pleasant and Airy atmosphere are Superb. They
                            > have Yummy Lunch
                            > Special Combos too!!
                            > >
                            > > ---------------------------------
                            > > Yahoo! Mail
                            > > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing
                            > a breeze.

                            > to:

                            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Georgeo
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 2, 2006
                              Me too. I hateted the sandal look very much. But those are very good questions. I don't think Joss is agains the stars as he is to the granny pants look on the first TV costume. I have to admit that even though I like that costume the shorts were a little too big. ;)

                              Jorge.

                              --- Raffy <raffya@...> wrote:

                              >   DC did say they would come up with SPOOF
                              > solicitations so that we can be surprised with the
                              > future DC books.
                              >
                              >      Could the Vol. 3 WW# 1 be a spoof by Terry
                              > Dodson??
                              >
                              >   or is it the news that the Vol. 3 Wonder Woman
                              > would have more Earth-2 characteristics ,
                              > flightless, etc. be the spoof??
                              >
                              >   Something to think about.
                              >
                              >   At this point, I'm open to an alternative design
                              > to the variant costumes for the FILM version.
                              >
                              >   As long as it features the Wonder Woman colors and
                              > classic coat of arms.
                              >
                              >   Raptor breastplates, Golden magic lasso, magic
                              > bracelets (they can make it Gold instead of silver
                              > if they want.)
                              >
                              >   I'm even open to the Amazonian Footwear with
                              > Straps (as hoimage to the Silver Age look) as long
                              > as it is red.
                              >
                              >   I dont know how in the world Joss will get rid of
                              > the star-spangled look as long as there's blue and
                              > white in the costume.
                              >
                              >   Raffy
                              >
                              >   P.S. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new
                              > double =w= look. hehehe
                              >

                              > Georgeo <wonder_chico68@...> wrote:     Oh my
                              > God!!! That's true!! I forgot about Nicola!! Her art
                              > work is excellent. I love her. Thanks for pointing
                              > that out Nick!!!
                              >
                              >   Jorge.
                              >
                              > ultimatewonder1 <nick_773@...> wrote:
                              >   That's the emblem created by artist Nicola Scott.
                              > Have you guys seen
                              > her work?
                              >
                              > N-
                              >

                              > --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Raffy
                              > <raffya@...> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > Raffy <raffya@...> wrote: Wonder Friends,
                              > >

                              > > Watch this VIDEOCLIP. A Fan Made Edit of a "Wonder
                              > Woman Movie" Trailer.
                              > >

                              > > Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE
                              > INTRODUCTION WHERE THEY
                              > FEATURE A VERY COOL COMBINED VERSION OF THE  =W= AND
                              > eAGLE SYMBOL.
                              > >

                              > > eNJOY!!!
                              > >
                              > > I hope Watner bros. can see this so this can be
                              > used for the real movie.
                              > >
                              > > Raffy

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbe-bXSJl2I&search=wonder%20woman

                              > > Finally!!! there's a Nice new Filipino Restaurant
                              > in Sunnyvale,
                              > California: BORACAY TROPICAL GRILL- 401 Town and
                              > Country Village,
                              > Sunnyvale, CA 94086 / Call them at Tel. (408)
                              > 739-4200!! The Quality
                              > food, Pleasant and Airy atmosphere are Superb.  They
                              > have Yummy Lunch
                              > Special Combos too!!
                              > >
                              > > ---------------------------------
                              > > Yahoo! Mail
                              > > Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing
                              > a breeze.

                              > to:

                              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                              >

                              > ---------------------------------

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • Raffy
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 2, 2006

                                Georgeo <wonder_chico68@...> wrote:
                                Me too. I hateted the sandal look very much. But those are very good questions. I don't think Joss is against the stars as he is to the granny pants look on the first TV costume.

                                ****Good point. What I'm confused by is when he said "no star-spangled panties".  Wasn't the CBS costume more like that than the World War II shorts look?

                                I have to admit that even though I like that costume the shorts were a little too big. ;)

                                Jorge.

                                ****I  have a strange feeling it might be a skirt.

                                Raffy

                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 2, 2006
                                  Hi Wonder Friends,

                                      It just occured to me that when Wonder Woman was relaunched after the original CRISIS...George Perez just gave her the power of flight because the Invisible Plane was considered "silly" by modern standards.

                                  Joss Whedon also said he did not want the movie to be silly.
                                  If so, why doesn't he want to depict her with the power of flight ?
                                  and he is thinking of using the Invisible Jet.

                                  Raffy

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 2, 2006
                                    How about Goners and Wonder Woman? Can you tell us more about those?
                                    Not a whole lot. I am still writing Wonder Woman. It is very awesome but incredibly unfinished, but I should be finishing that in a little while and then I’ll have a better idea of which film is actually going into production. But I can tell you that the film will be about introducing you to Wonder Woman. She'll be wearing the outfit and there will be the bracelets, the golden lasso and Greek gods. She comes from a civilisation where she's rather perfect, so she's the opposite to Buffy in many ways, but she's going through an adolescent rite of passage because she's new to the world.

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com