Re: [thewonderwoman_forum] Re: a leather costume?

  • Jorge Ocasio
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 1, 2005
      I totally agree with you. And I am also game for materials. And he did say some leather, not all leather! But I am with you all, it has to be THE costume. Revamped, yes! Changed, NO!

      For the star panties, there are few ways to do it. If he does not want a star spangled panty he can use Byrne's design with only two big stars in the front(no stars in the back). Or the design for WW in Justice League on Cartoon Network, which is 3 big stars in the front and back. Both in my humble opinion, work out and are recognizable as THE Wonder Woman outfit.

      I just hope and pray that that is what he wants to do. Revamp it a little bit, but has no intentions on changing it, that we all agree would be a disaster. There must be a way to contact him and let him know how we feel about this! If someone knows, please let us know!!!!

      Jorge

      Bobby Hutchison <bobby_hutchison@...> wrote:
      Hey Jorge,

      That is what was in my mind when I was thinking of leather - combining it with the other materials, etc. so that it is sublte.  I was thinking about that little bit of costume they show in the poster.  That's why I wasn't too freaked out by the thought.  Although the panties in leather are hard to imagine but you know, there are some great costume designers out there.  I'm excited for a great costume that is updated and just blows people away; I am so hopeful that when we see it we see it immediately and without doubt as THE costume.  I hope that it will be so good that we couldn't imagine it done any other way (however that may be).

      Because of comments attributed to Whedon, I am afraid he will take away the stars from her blue panties.  That would be a big mistake in my opinion.  I'd rather have some leather in the costume (see poster) or different materials there and still have all the elements of the costume.  It's gotta be THE costume.  Of course there are different ways to do THE costume and we've seen many versions over the years but it's been THE costume and that's what WORKS!  Come on Whedon - don't let us down.

      Bobby
      Message 59 of 59 , Jun 6, 2005
        Her final children's book is due out the same day.
        Maybe this is a good omen that she will make it into
        the WW movie one way or another. Well, a girl can
        dream!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

        Chris H

        --- WONDERBOYLB@... wrote:

        > whats the MAdonna release???