ELLEN

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2005
      Did anyone else see ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW today? If
      not, I suggest you tune in to the very beginning of
      today's episode when they re-air it next Tuesday on
      the Oxygen network (11pm). In a skit before the
      opening credits, she paid WONDERFUL homage to our
      favorite superhero!!!!!!!!! Makes me think Ellen
      should be added to a WW film. Anyway, You guys
      DEFINITELY need to check it out. I would describe it,
      but it is so much better to see it for yourself!!!!!
      Later dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Chris H

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • ultimatewonder1
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2005
        AWWWWW, shucks! :)

        The praise is most appreciated, but I just take care of putting it out
        there. Remember, YOU GUYS are responsible for the content!

        Just a reminder though, the deadline for the fan challenge is coming
        up soon and so far there have been zero, zip, nada, zilch... (you
        catch my drift?) poster submissions. I thought for sure with all the
        fans out there that dabble in fan art and digital manips that there
        would be a ton of stuff coming in. I mean, come on, there's a prize to
        be won after all!!! And fellow fans will be seeing your work and
        voting for the best. So what are you waiting for?

        For all the info and rules for submission, please visit
        http://www.ultimatewonder.com/fantasy.html

        N-

        --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "Jorge"
        <wonder_chico68@y...> wrote:

        > It is indeed an awesome site. I was checking and find out that the
        > site was not listed in our links section, so I created a bookmak!
        > Now is there for all to access!!!!
        >
        > The site looks amazing, and as you said, Nick outdone himself
        > indeed!!
        >
        > I recommend everyone to go check it out. You won't regret it!
        >
        > Jorge
        >
        > --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Chris <chris_h71@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Has everyone checked out www.ultimatewonder.com yet?
        > > I go about everyday. I really enjoy the site & I love
        > > seeing the great picks (Tricia Helfer esp) and
        > > TERRIBLE picks (Carmen, Geena, Dinty Moore, etc) peeps
        > > are giving for the cast. Nick you have outdone
        > > yourself on this one. BRAVISIMO!!!!!!!!
        > >
        > > Chris H

        > > Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
        > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Paul K. Bisson
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
          Chris,

          Can you (or someone else in this group) tape it and capture it to video or
          stills?

          pkb

          > Did anyone else see ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW today? If
          > not, I suggest you tune in to the very beginning of
          > today's episode when they re-air it next Tuesday on
          > the Oxygen network (11pm). In a skit before the
          > opening credits, she paid WONDERFUL homage to our
          > favorite superhero!!!!!!!!! Makes me think Ellen
          > should be added to a WW film. Anyway, You guys
          > DEFINITELY need to check it out. I would describe it,
          > but it is so much better to see it for yourself!!!!!
          > Later dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          >
          > Chris H
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
            I can't, but hopefully someone else can!!!!!

            Chris H

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 8, 2005
              www.comicbookmovie.com posted the following article I
              thought you would all be interested in (if you have
              not seen it yet)

              Could This Be the New Wonder Woman?
              An Australian fan site says Warner Bros. may choose
              this unknown to be its Amazon Princess.

              Newcomer Satu Rautaharju may be cast as Wonder Woman
              in the big screen adaptation of DC's longstanding
              comic heroine.

              That's according to Moviehole, which cited inside
              studio sources. Rautaharju's next film will be
              Communication Breakdown.

              Director/writer Joss Whedon has been hinting about
              taking the helm of the Wonder Woman film and that has
              led to speculation about whether Sarah Michelle Gellar
              (Buffy, the Vampire Slayer) would take the role.
              Producer Joel Silver (The Matrix) is attached to the project.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • joyuzsong
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 8, 2005
                wrote:
                > www.comicbookmovie.com posted the following article I
                > thought you would all be interested in (if you have
                > not seen it yet)
                >
                > Could This Be the New Wonder Woman?
                > An Australian fan site says Warner Bros. may choose
                > this unknown to be its Amazon Princess.
                > Newcomer Satu Rautaharju may be cast as Wonder Woman
                > in the big screen adaptation of DC's longstanding
                > comic heroine.

                Chris and all,
                I did a quick google search for Ms. Satu and it took me a while to
                find a photo. This young woman is not as exotic looking as her name
                might lead one to to venture. There are articles on the Net that she
                has written as well. Her possible crowning as Diana does not fill me
                with great excitement. This may be a big break for a young actress
                but boy!!...are they going to need to do a LOT of work to get her in
                shape, and I mean physically as well as a total makeover and
                possible blue contacts.

                :-/ Joy(less is not more)
              • ultimatewonder1
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 8, 2005
                  I feel the same if truth be known.

                  Basically certain people on the lists are asserting that it comes down
                  between three candidates and the two are names completely out of the
                  blue... Where did they come from? Aishwarya Rai and Satu
                  Rautaharju...??? And then there's Jordan Bayne. Her name hasn't been
                  mentioned in ages and the website promoting her has shut down. But
                  different people (whether or not they are genuine sources I dunno-
                  they talk as if they are) are talking as if either of the two has
                  ALREADY been signed.

                  Rai is gorgeous but I think there is a potential cultural barrier
                  there. I have read that her English is very broken at best. I'm sure
                  that could be fixed with coaching if she wanted it bad enough, but...

                  The other actress Satu... I have seen a couple of pics and I am NOT
                  impressed at all. So if there is any truth to this I am extremely worried.

                  And then we come to my biggest worry... Joss Whedon potentially being
                  at the helm of this project. Is it just me or wouldn't a woman be
                  better equipped for that role? I just see the character evolving and
                  translating to the screen so much better with a female writing the
                  screenplay and overseeing the project. Being a male myself I realize
                  that with a man running things this could very easily turn into a
                  movie all about T&A that seriously objectifies and demoralizes the
                  character. I'm not that familiar with the guy as I have never watched
                  his shows especially Buffy (gimme a break already with SMG!) but some
                  of the things I have read just lead me to believe that maybe he's NOT
                  the right person for the job.

                  And can someone tell me whatever happened to Laeta Kalogridis?

                  N-

                  --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, "joyuzsong"
                  <joyuzsong@g...> wrote:

                  > --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Chris <chris_h71@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > www.comicbookmovie.com posted the following article I
                  > > thought you would all be interested in (if you have
                  > > not seen it yet)
                  > >
                  > > Could This Be the New Wonder Woman?
                  > > An Australian fan site says Warner Bros. may choose
                  > > this unknown to be its Amazon Princess.
                  > > Newcomer Satu Rautaharju may be cast as Wonder Woman
                  > > in the big screen adaptation of DC's longstanding
                  > > comic heroine.
                  >
                  > Chris and all,
                  > I did a quick google search for Ms. Satu and it took me a while to
                  > find a photo. This young woman is not as exotic looking as her name
                  > might lead one to to venture. There are articles on the Net that she
                  > has written as well. Her possible crowning as Diana does not fill me
                  > with great excitement. This may be a big break for a young actress
                  > but boy!!...are they going to need to do a LOT of work to get her in
                  > shape, and I mean physically as well as a total makeover and
                  > possible blue contacts.
                  >
                  > :-/ Joy(less is not more)
                • Chris
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
                    I have to say I think she has potential. I mean, she
                    IS an unknown. She is pretty. She seems to be pretty
                    tall (even though you can't always tell by the
                    pisture). HOPEFULLY she can act. And hopefully, they
                    will give her blue contacts. If she is chosen, I can
                    definitely say, there could be MUCH worse choices.
                    For instance, the last pic I saw of J Bayne, she
                    looked like she had aged about 20 years. I dunno,
                    maybe it was just a bad pic, maybe that is why she is
                    no longer thrown around like she used to be. Not for
                    me to say. Anyway, I would have responded earlier,
                    but I have spent the week watching THE GREATEST
                    AMERICAN HERO on DVD. Gotta say, it is a GREAT set.
                    I have already pre-ordered season 2. Of course, a
                    week and we get ELLEN season 2, then a couple more
                    weeks and WW Season 2 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just
                    received my MUTANT X season set yesterday & have
                    already delved into it. What a great time it is to be
                    a big superhero geek!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Anyway, catch
                    you guys later!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Chris H

                    --- ultimatewonder1 <contact@...>
                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > choose
                    > > > this unknown to be its Amazon Princess.
                    > > > Newcomer Satu Rautaharju may be cast as Wonder
                    > Woman
                    > > > in the big screen adaptation of DC's
                    > longstanding
                    > > > comic heroine.
                    > >
                    > > Chris and all,
                    > > I did a quick google search for Ms. Satu and it
                    > took me a while to
                    > > find a photo. This young woman is not as exotic
                    > looking as her name
                    > > might lead one to to venture. There are articles
                    > on the Net that she
                    > > has written as well. Her possible crowning as
                    > Diana does not fill me
                    > > with great excitement. This may be a big break for
                    > a young actress
                    > > but boy!!...are they going to need to do a LOT of
                    > work to get her in
                    > > shape, and I mean physically as well as a total

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Jorge Ocasio
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
                      I know what you mean, Chris. Now that they are really looking for unknowns, I was watching Univision the other day and I stumbled across a mexican soap-opera called Rubi. I was waiting for a show and I watched like 15 to 20 minutes of the soap. The lead, Barbara Mori is a very good actress and the way she looks striked me as a good choice for Wonder Woman.

                      Here is a picture to prove my point. Let me know what you think guys!

                      Jorge

                      Chris <chris_h71@...> wrote:
[...]

                    • Martin Anderson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
                        I see what you mean - but she looks pretty villainous!

                        --- Jorge Ocasio <wonder_chico68@...> wrote:
                        > I know what you mean, Chris. Now that they are
                        > really looking for unknowns, I was watching
                        > Univision the other day and I stumbled across a
                        > mexican soap-opera called Rubi. I was waiting for a
                        > show and I watched like 15 to 20 minutes of the
                        > soap. The lead, Barbara Mori is a very good actress
                        > and the way she looks striked me as a good choice
                        > for Wonder Woman.
                        >
                        > Here is a picture to prove my point. Let me know
                        > what you think guys!
                        >
                        > Jorge

                      • Jorge Ocasio
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
                          That's because she is a villain in the soap. Actually a very novel concep, because she is also the lead. Go figure. But watching her in the soap, she can look the part. She reminds me of Deodat's Wonder Woman!

                          Jorge

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 14, 2005
                            She has potetnial!!!!

                            Chris H

                            --- Jorge Ocasio <wonder_chico68@...> wrote:

                            > I know what you mean, Chris. Now that they are
                            > really looking for unknowns, I was watching
                            > Univision the other day and I stumbled across a
                            > mexican soap-opera called Rubi. I was waiting for a
                            > show and I watched like 15 to 20 minutes of the
                            > soap. The lead, Barbara Mori is a very good actress
                            > and the way she looks striked me as a good choice
                            > for Wonder Woman.
                            >
                            > Here is a picture to prove my point. Let me know
                            > what you think guys!
                            >
                            > Jorge
                            >
                            > Chris <chris_h71@...> wrote:
                            > I have to say I think she has potential. I mean,
                            > she
                            > IS an unknown. She is pretty. She seems to be
                            > pretty
                            > tall (even though you can't always tell by the
                            > pisture). HOPEFULLY she can act. And hopefully,
                            > they
                            > will give her blue contacts. If she is chosen, I
                            > can
                            > definitely say, there could be MUCH worse choices.
                            > For instance, the last pic I saw of J Bayne, she
                            > looked like she had aged about 20 years. I dunno,
                            > maybe it was just a bad pic, maybe that is why she
                            > is
                            > no longer thrown around like she used to be. Not
                            > for
                            > me to say. Anyway, I would have responded earlier,
                            > but I have spent the week watching THE GREATEST
                            > AMERICAN HERO on DVD. Gotta say, it is a GREAT set.
                            >
                            > I have already pre-ordered season 2. Of course, a
                            > week and we get ELLEN season 2, then a couple more
                            > weeks and WW Season 2 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I
                            > just
                            > received my MUTANT X season set yesterday & have
                            > already delved into it. What a great time it is to
                            > be
                            > a big superhero geek!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Anyway, catch
                            > you guys later!!!!!!!!!!!
                            >
                            > Chris H

                            > protection around
                            > http://mail.yahoo.com

                            > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/pjpeg name=barbara mori.jpg

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Jorge Ocasio
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 14, 2005
                              She does indeed! If we had a way to submit her to WB it wouldn't hurt.

                              Jorge

                              Chris <chris_h71@...> wrote:
                              She has potetnial!!!!

                              Chris H

                              --- Jorge Ocasio <wonder_chico68@...> wrote:

                              > I know what you mean, Chris. Now that they are
                              > really looking for unknowns, I was watching
                              > Univision the other day and I stumbled across a
                              > mexican soap-opera called Rubi. I was waiting for a
                              > show and I watched like 15 to 20 minutes of the
                              > soap. The lead, Barbara Mori is a very good actress
                              > and the way she looks striked me as a good choice
                              > for Wonder Woman.

                              > Here is a picture to prove my point. Let me know
                              > what you think guys!

                              > Jorge

                              Do you Yahoo!?

                            • ultimatewonder1
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 14, 2005
                                Very nice! Has she been in anything else that you know of?

                                N-

                                --- In thewonderwoman_forum@yahoogroups.com, Jorge Ocasio