What can we do??? Suggestions wanted...

  • nick_773
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2004
      Hey gang! I was just sitting here thinking about the WW movie and
      remembering how much fun we had awhile back talking it up and all. It
      seemed we really had things moving in a positive direction as far as
      getting noticed on the net, and by more than just other fans (if you
      know what I mean!). We had people submitting casting choices,
      storyboard and plot ideas. We even had word that our ideas were being
      looked at and discussed by TPTB. WE NEED THAT AGAIN GUYS!!! WE NEED TO
      HELP GET THIS MOVIE MADE!!!

      What can we do to get it started again??? Any ideas???

      N-
    • Jorge Ocasio
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2004
        That's a great idea Nick! Why don't we start submitting our cast suggestions. Now that the script has been said to be finished, I think the next step for WB will be a casting call. So, that should be our step too. Voice our choices for the main characters. I mean, we all know that for the movie sucess it is primordial an excellent cast!

        What do you think? I have my choices, but I don't want to start until everyone agrees that's what we should start with.

        Jorge

        nick_773 <nick_773@...> wrote:

        Hey gang! I was just sitting here thinking about the WW movie and
        remembering how much fun we had awhile back talking it up and all. It
        seemed we really had things moving in a positive direction as far as
        getting noticed on the net, and by more than just other fans (if you
        know what I mean!). We had people submitting casting choices,
        storyboard and plot ideas. We even had word that our ideas were being
        looked at and discussed by TPTB. WE NEED THAT AGAIN GUYS!!! WE NEED TO
        HELP GET THIS MOVIE MADE!!!

        What can we do to get it started again??? Any ideas???

        N-

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Nick Nixon
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2004
          I have been thinking... I am pretty bored with the old movie site. Why don't we start a new one for our little group here. Of course, everyone can contribute, members or not. But I'm figuring that since we have caught attention before with our efforts here we can put them altogether on a website everyone can participate in. It just needs to be eye-catching and include areas of interest for EVERYONE. How does that sound? Suggestions welcome!

          N-

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2004
            Cool! And the more of a group effort it is, as opposed to one person doing
            everything would make it very unique and really give the TRUE fan
            perspective on things. We could even nominate several members here to
            "oversee" the different areas or you could volunteer for whatever you
            liked. I know most of us have other responsibilities so we would all help
            out and try to keep it as simple as we possibily can while still making an
            effective effort at showing WB how much we want this movie made.

            Carol, if I'm not mistaken you are really into the comic interpretation of
            Wonder Woman, which would come in handy for things such as storylines and
            plots (esp. involving origin) as well as costume.

            Jorge O. is a walking resource for Wonder Woman history.

            Max is super knowledgable when it comes to the TV show and would be great
            when it comes to what most appeals to the public as far as the character is
            concerned, etc.

            And the list could go on. My point is, that collectively, we have the
            strengths to do something awesome and start a REAL movement that could very
            well take this project in a positive direction.

            N-

          • Chris
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2004
              Sounds great to me Nick. Though, being as how my
              computer is slow as it can be because it is a cheap
              Compaq, I would not be able to contribute a whole lot
              to the site. I would definitely want to comment on
              that which was posted. Later!!!!!!

              Chris H

              --- Nick Nixon <nick_773@...> wrote:

              > Cool! And the more of a group effort it is, as
              > opposed to one person doing
              > everything would make it very unique and really give
              > the TRUE fan
              > perspective on things. We could even nominate
              > several members here to
              > "oversee" the different areas or you could volunteer
              > for whatever you
              > liked. I know most of us have other responsibilities
              > so we would all help
              > out and try to keep it as simple as we possibily can
              > while still making an
              > effective effort at showing WB how much we want this
              > movie made.
              >
              > Carol, if I'm not mistaken you are really into the
              > comic interpretation of
              > Wonder Woman, which would come in handy for things
              > such as storylines and
              > plots (esp. involving origin) as well as costume.
              >
              > Jorge O. is a walking resource for Wonder Woman
              > history.
              >
              > Max is super knowledgable when it comes to the TV
              > show and would be great
              > when it comes to what most appeals to the public as
              > far as the character is
              > concerned, etc.
              >
              > And the list could go on. My point is, that
              > collectively, we have the
              > strengths to do something awesome and start a REAL
              > movement that could very
              > well take this project in a positive direction.
              >
              > N-

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Jorge Ocasio
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 2004
                Sounds great! I can't suggest about building the web site or how to configure it, because I don't know about those things. But in other areas, count me in!!!

                Jorge

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 6, 2004
                  That's a wonderful idea. I am on!!!! And thanks for the compliment!

                  Jorge

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
                    So are you officially signing up for the "peanut gallery"??? :)

                    BTW, speaking of computer problems... I have been meaning to post
                    about this for awhile... Chris, you are already aware that I have the
                    same computer you do. I was having TONS and TONS of problems with it.
                    It seemed like there was something wrong with it every day...
                    crashing... locking up. I found tons of adware and spyware on a daily
                    basis through the programs I run. FINALLY, I came across an article
                    about Internet Explorer and how Microsoft had come under scrutiny for
                    all the problems IE causes esp. because of it's security "holes". So,
                    I changed to Mozilla as my default browser. The program (Mozilla
                    Firebird) came highly recommended by this PC magazine I picked up and
                    it was included on the free disc of stuff to try. Do you know from
                    that day on, I've hardly had any problems (other than stupid mistakes
                    on my part). A little while later, I upgraded to Mozilla Firefox and
                    it is GREAT! It has tons of different themes and extensions and it is
                    FAST even on my dialup!

                    In other words, if you are experiencing some of the same problems and
                    just really want to chuck the piece of crap out the window, maybe it
                    isn't the computer itself. It COULD be Internet Explorer. I know def.
                    it is the problem in my case. Sometimes I will use IE to view my
                    webpages to see the slight variances in display and from the moment I
                    open it... pop-ups (even though I have a blocker) that stay blank and
                    that won't go away w/o the "three finger salute", and it is SO SLOW, etc.!

                    N-