Re: [thewonderwoman_forum] what are your thoughts?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2003
      My thoughts is that is a CRAPPY way to back out of it
      all. I mean, why was there even a sequel to TOMB
      RAIDER? I was one who DID enjoy the first film, but
      had I had to pay to see it, I would have been less
      impressed AND I would NOT have gone to see the sequel.
      BUT, maybe they will decide WONDER WOMAN is BEST
      suited for a TV series and bring it back to THAT
      format so we get MULTIPLE story lines!!!!!!!!! BUT,
      keep in mind, Marvel has NOT been swayed out of the
      arena, as SPIDER-MAN 2, FANTASTIC FOUR, ELEKTRA,
      DAREDEVIL 2, HULK 2, BLADE 3, and MANY more characters
      are in development and WILL lens!!!!!!!!!!!! All is
      NOT lost so long as Marvel keeps pushing forward.
      However, I would LOVE to have e-mail or postal
      addresses for DC and Time Warner Entertainment to let
      them know how FAR behind they are in the development
      game and if they do not HURRY, they will miss the
      window for even a successful SUPERMAN film franchise.
      Let's face it, superheroes have their time, they
      constantly come and go in the entertainment field,
      both big & small screen. But they are as hot now as
      they were in the 70's and Marvel is at least
      attempting to capitalize on it. One last point I will
      make, how can a film company base the loss of a few on
      the success of SO many (DAREDEVIL, SPIDER-AMN, ROAD TO
      PERDITION, FROM HELL, etc.) Keep in mind, EVERY comic
      based film starting with FROM HELL and ending when
      BULLETPROOF MONK was released OPENED at #1 at the Box
      Office. BULLETPROOF MONK (a truly great film and I do
      not like martial arts flicks) was the FIRST movie in
      ALL that time to NOT open at #1. THE HULK DID open at
      #1, so there IS a potential. Plus, I can honestly
      say, at my theater anyway, sales are WAY down this
      year as opposed to last year, regardless of what the
      mass media says. There have been too many films and
      most have been lost in the shuffle, including THE
      ITALLIAN JOB which was JUST re-released. Did anyone
      know about the re-release? I would not have if I did
      not manage the theater. OK, later again!!!!!!!!!!

      Chris H

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com