    Dec 2, 2012
      That ice cream scene they are talking about just brings back memories of Drusilla trying ice cream for the 1st time!  Apparently Amazons have a weakness for ice cream! ha ha

      Max

      In a message dated 12/1/2012 5:18:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, raffya@... writes:

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Raffy <raffya@...>
      To: Brian Ellison <brian_ellison@...>
      Sent: Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:16 PM
      Subject: ARTICLES: The CW's WONDER WOMAN WILL BE DIANA. ("IRIS" was just a code name)

      http://wonderwomantv.com/5163/yes-tv-amazons-name-is-diana/

      Yes, TV Amazon’s Name Is “Diana”

      Looks like we don’t have to worry about “Iris.” DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns has confirmed that if Amazon should happen, it will indeed be Diana.
      Here was his Tweet from this morning:
      “If a WW show happens her name is of course DIANA. Codenames (like IRIS) are used in casting a lot to try and avoid speculation.”
      That speculation happened anyway, apparently. But now we can breathe a sigh of relief and be excited by what is otherwise and hopefully a great concept…

      --------------------

      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/01/first-details-of-scenes-featured-in-amazon-the-new-wonder-woman-pilot/

      First Details Of Scenes Featured In Amazon, The New Wonder Woman Pilot

      http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/01/first-details-of-scenes-featured-in-amazon-the-new-wonder-woman-pilot/ice-cream-sundae/
      Back when David E. Kelley was working on his Wonder Woman pilot we got a hold of the script and learned about a scene that would soon become infamous.
      Kelley wrote a sleepover scene in which Diana put on her PJs, gorged on ice cream and had a heart to heart with her best friend, Myndi.
      It wasn’t a scene that pleased her long-standing comic book fans too much.
      So as details start to break regarding a new Wonder Woman show, with different creatives, for a different network, the last thing you’d expect is another controversial “ice cream” scene.
      Well… Er… I don’t really know how to break this to the internet.
      A few friends of Bleeding Cool, including Wonder Woman TV, have their hands on audition sides for the show. These pages detail two scenes that the candidate actresses will be asked to perform when they come in to test.
      One of the scenes is completely and totally about ice cream, and how amazing it is.
      This was hinted at in the official blurb, but it seems to be an entire scene of the pilot script: when Diana first tastes ice cream, it blows her mind.
      You know, personally, I can kind of swing with this. Evil forces conspired to keep ice cream out of my life for a few months and when I got back to it, the ensuing emotional explosion was quite like something from an American TV drama.
      So, by episode four we can expect Diana to weigh 250 pounds, right? I mean, you’ve got to follow your concepts through, and if she’s really this into ice cream…
      The other scene takes place on Diana’s home island, and reveals an early encounter with Steve Trevor, the pilot who lands there and makes her aware of the larger world beyond her shores. It’s a kind of interrogation scene, with Diana once again getting her mind mashed in by crazy details of those odd off-island people and what they get up to.
      There’s apparently little joshing about her tying him to a chair, and the scene appears to be written with an eye on stirring up sexual chemistry between the characters – just a little.
      It seems that Amazon will go ahead if Warner Bros. TV and the CW are confident they’ve found the right girl – tall, handy with a lasso, really loves ice cream and not scared of flying. Could it be you?

      -----------------------------
      http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-cw-preps-new-amazon-wonder-woman-drama-minus-a-diana/

       332 145 176

      UPDATED: The CW Preps New ‘AMAZON’ Wonder Woman Drama, Now with 100% More Diana

      Posted on 11/30/12 at 12:25 PM in Articles, Items by Paul Montgomery 25 Comments
      http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/whonderwoman.jpg
      Amazon Prime
      UPDATE: Deadline is now reporting that “Iris,” as we suggested might be the case, was merely a code name for the character. The pilot for Amazon will feature a Diana after all. Now they just have to write the thing. And all the other stuff that comes after. We use “after” loosely, of course.
      And now, the original article:
      It’s been around 18 months since NBC passed of David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman pilot, but there may be hope for DC Comic’s leading lady in her bid to lasso TV audiences. Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reports that the CW and Warner Brothers are looking for an actress in her early to mid 20s, 5’8″ or taller, to fill the lead role in Allan Heinberg’s Amazon, a Wonder Woman origin story.
      Here’s the thing. That lead’s name will not be Diana. TV’s new Wonder Woman is a young “fish-out-of-water” called Iris.
      It wouldn’t be the first time a superhero’s given name didn’t make the jump to the silver screen. Bruce was famously re-christened David “Lonely Man” Banner for CBS’ Incredible Hulk series in the late 70s.  Why? Reportedly the studio feared that ‘Bruce’ was widely considered a ‘gay name’ and aloso hoped to sidestep such comic book silliness as Stan Lee style alliteration. Other than corollaries to the late princess of Wales and the recent failed Wonder Woman series, we’re scratching our heads as to why the CW is distancing itself from “Diana.” It could be as simple as the desire for a fresh start. It may even be a placeholder designed to conceal the character’s true identity so as not to deter any actors who might otherwise shy away from comic book adaptations.
      Regardless, it all sounds a bit more promising than Kelley’s premise, which seemed overladen with Diana’s three interconnected lives. Amazon appears to be a back-to-basics approach, grounded in the character’s origins as a warrior maiden, unfettered by that last Diana’s corporate and merchandising frustrations.
      Here’s Andreeva’s commentary on the call sheet:
      According to the breakdown I’ve obtained, her name is Iris (not Diana). “She comes from a remote, secluded country and until now has spent most of her life as a soldier and a leader on the battlefield. Because of relentless brutality of her life at home, Iris looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment. She’s delighted ­and just as often horrified ­ by the aspects of everyday life that we take for granted: skyscrapers, traffic, ice cream. It’s all new and fascinating and sometimes slightly troubling ­to her. Iris is completely unschooled in our world, our culture, our customs. And she’s completely inexperienced at interpersonal relationships. She has no social filter, does not suffer fools, and tends to do and say exactly what’s on her mind at all times. She’s bluntly, refreshingly honest. She can tell when you’re lying to her. And she doesn’t have time or patience for politics or tact because she’s too busy trying to experience everything our world has to offer. There are too many sights to see ­and things to learn ­and people to care for. Hers is a true, noble, and generous heart. And she will fight and die for the people she loves. Iris is a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic and she will fight to the death to make the world safe for innocents and true romantics everywhere.”
      True romantics? That’s me!

      http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/11/30/wonder-woman-pilot-iris/

      Geoff Johns
      @geoffjohns
      If a WW show happens her name is of course DIANA. Codenames (like IRIS) are used in casting a lot to try and avoid speculation. #TV101 :)

      http://io9.com/5964611/relax-cw-isnt-renaming-wonder-woman-to-iris-but-she-will-suffer-no-fools