6614

  • Raffy
    Mar 24, 2012
      http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best-shots-rapid-reviews-120322.html

      Wonder Woman #7 (Published by DC Comics; Review by Erika D. Peterman; ’Rama Rating: 8 out of 10):

      https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Ferrornotfound.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F03%2F2251702-2245232_ww_cv7_ds_super.jpeg&t=1508379905&sig=CpLlJVawXJwlDzryJYkP2A--~D

       You don’t fully appreciate what a gifted illustrator brings to a comic book until he or she is absent. After two issues of Wonder Woman fill-in art, it’s great to see the return of Cliff Chiang’s bold, exceptional work. Together, Chiang and writer Brian Azzarello are one of the best creative teams of the not-so-new 52. And speaking of Mr. Azzarello, he is on a roll with the big reveals. The Amazons of Themyscira (or Paradise Island, if you’re going way back) have, for the most part, been presented as noble warriors. But in this issue, the writer shows us a predatory, cruel side of Wonder Woman’s sisters that will take many readers by surprise. It certainly throws Diana for a loop during her mission to rescue Zola, the mortal young woman who is pregnant with Zeus’ child. In her haste to do what she perceives as the right thing, our heroine learns the hard truth about her people and the wrenching consequences of their actions. Chiang's character design continues to impress. I got a kick out of his vision of Eros who, aside from the guns, looks like he just stepped out of a Banana Republic ad. It's understandable that the shock factor of Wonder Woman #7 might further alienate fans who remain attached to Wonder Woman’s pre-relaunch background, especially following the headline news that Zeus is her father. But speaking as a longtime fan of the character, I think Azzarello’s risk-taking has paid off. Chiang assumes co-writer duties in the next issue, and it's a good bet that more fireworks are ahead.

      Your Favorite Comics are available at:COMICS CONSPIRACY !!115-A E. Fremont Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94087(408) 245-6275"Not Just Another Mutant Hangout!"
      .

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic