doin' the doo

  • Chris Herbert
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2000
      this just in..

      >23 SKIDOO - Seven Songs/The Gospel Comes To New Guinea/Urban Gamelan
      CD's
      > classic experimental urban funk albums finally made available on
      cd
      >releases

      now where do i start? i was but a wee nipper at the time..

      as you were

      chris

      ______________________________________
      Chris Herbert chrish@...

      Mercia Software Ltd.
      Mercia House
      Ashted Lock
      Aston Science Park
      Birmingham B7 4AZ, UK
      Registered Number: 1868855 (Cardiff)
      Tel: 44 (0)121 359 5096
      Fax: 44 (0)121 359 0375
      Web Site: http://www.mercia.com
    • Peter Marsh
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
        chris wrote:

        >23 SKIDOO - Seven Songs/The Gospel Comes To New
        Guinea/Urban Gamelan
        CD's
        > classic experimental urban funk albums finally
        made available on
        cd
        >releases

        >now where do i start? i was but a wee nipper at the
        time..

        tricky one but i'd say 'seven songs'. it certainly did
        my head in when it came out and it still sounds
        alright today. 'porno base', which features a tape of
        a mary whitehouse soundalike discussing the evils of
        pop music over a backdrop of abused electric bass and
        industrial flotsam, still sends a shiver up me
        backside. it's very whiteboy, very angsty (supremely
        unfunky and uptight in a way that only british white
        bands in the early 80s could manage) but it's great.
        god knows what you might think of it coming to it for
        the first time. let us know....

        cheers

        peter

        =====
        lob - astralpunkfunkambientnoisejazz
        http://www.lentils.demon.co.uk
        'jazz is not dead, it just smells funny' - frank zappa