Announcement: CASSIEL's LISTEN/MOVE

  • Nick Rothwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 1998
      Since this seems to be a forum for buying and selling CD's as much as
      talking about things Wirey, it must be OK for me to announce the
      reissue of the CASSIEL album to the general public. Here's a bit of
      the original press release:

      LISTEN/MOVE is an album of new music for
      contemporary dance, and for contemporary
      listening. This electronic album is one of
      powerful, dynamic timbral explorations governed by
      a musical aesthetic which is melodic, accessible,
      and loaded with imagery.

      This CD is one of a limited-edition pre-release
      production run of 1000 discs. 900 copies were
      recently distributed to professional
      choreographers and dancers via The Place Dance
      Agency in London. The recording is royalty-free
      for use in dance projects and performances - we
      want choreographers to create dance, not call
      their lawyers.

      The album is for listening as much as for dance work, which is why
      we've reissued it. The reissue coincides with a sidebar article in the
      November issue of THE MIX magazine, whose cover CD carries a couple of
      album tracks.

      Obligatory audio snippets and online ordering details at:

      http://www.cassiel.com/listenmove/

      As for The Wire, well, they completely ignored the limited-edition
      copy I sent them at the start of the year, so I'll try them again with
      the new version.

      --
      Nick Rothwell, CASSIEL contemporary dance projects
      http://www.cassiel.com music synthesis and control

      "Welcome to Moscow, Mrs. Gandhi." -- Leonid Brezhnev to Margaret Thatcher