Re: [thewire] Digest Number 887

  • Zachary Hastings Hooper
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
      Gramophone Records is excellent for dance and DJ-oriented releases....

      cheers-
      zhh

      From: wheelhdog@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 03:21:17 EDT
      From: wheelhdog@...
      Subject: cd/record stores in chicago?

      Hi, Can someone recommend any good cd/record stores in Chicago?

      Thanks!

      John

    • Philip von Zweck
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
        Hello,
        Chicago is not a great place to record shop. What are you looking for?

        philip

        >Hi, Can someone recommend any good cd/record stores in Chicago?
        >
        >Thanks!
        >
        >John

      • Robert Hyman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
          John, try Reckless Records on Broadway. There is also Quaker Goes Deaf &
          Tower Records on Clark St.
          Many others but I'm not that familiar with them.

          Robert

          >Message: 1
          > Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 03:21:17 EDT
          > From: wheelhdog@...
          >Subject: cd/record stores in chicago?
          >
          >Hi, Can someone recommend any good cd/record stores in Chicago?
          >
          >Thanks!
          >
          >John

          Robert Hyman
          Lens Records
          www.lensrecords.com
          lens@...
        • brian alter
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
            Quaker Goes Deaf went under.
            There's a Reckless in Wicker Park as well.
            Broadway, south of Clarke (or is it Clarke south of Broadway?) has a good
            little strip of shops.
            and jazz record mart downtown!

            hope that helps

            __