Re: Digest Number 119

  • MAustin802@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 1998
      In a message dated 10/1/98 5:29:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
      deedee_523@... writes:

      > They are very much affiliated with the
      > Hausmusik/Kollaps/Payola labelcollective ( www.hausmusik.com )Their
      > earlier stuff (before 12) is more punk/grunge style, with a big
      > Dinosaur Jr. influence, so that will probably not be your cup of tea.

      I picked up an EP by them from '96. "only in America"

      After reading about the new release and the raves that people posted I was
      surprised at the fact that they were essentially a pretty good guitar based
      band. although running almost lurking underneath the guitars were very
      interesting under currents of string. i really wanted to turn off the guitars
      to focus on this back wash of sound that was rather dark and moving. how does
      this relate to what tey are doing now.

      and such a change in 2 years. very interesting indeed!

      Michael