Re: Lobal Communication

  • Mark Coyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1998
      Hi

      >> I've just got the new remix album by Global Communication, it brings
      >> together the remixes they have done for other people I think (the Cd is
      pink

      >Is this _Remotion_? It sounds like it, based on the description, but it
      >was released a few years ago.

      Ah that explains it, I ordered that CD and this turned up. In fact, looking
      at it I can see that on the front cover.

      > Splendid primer on the band (it's really
      >just a compilation of remixes they've done, plus a Reload track just for
      >the hell of it), but there's considerable overlap with other essential
      >Global Comm (and related) items.

      Yes very good.

      > Most significantly, you only get a taste
      >of the drop-dead lovely _Pentamorous Metamorphosis_ (an album of
      >Chapterhouse remixes that piss on anything that band ever did- thankfully,
      >this was just re-pressed)

      Yeh got it, amazing music.

      > and the somewhat uneven Reload _A Collection of
      >Short Stories_ disc (on the Creation-associated Infonet, also licensed in
      >the US).

      Not found this one yet

      > If _Remotion_ floats your boat away on its bilious cloud of
      >melody-brushed ambience and you haven't heard these other ones, you owe
      >yourself the pleasure.

      I second that

      >I also feel compelled to mention that I never did figure out what the big
      >deal was with 76:14 (lest I be branded a drooling IDM fanboy).

      Really, odd I thought that was wonderful but not in a dance way. I love the
      clocks and other subtle touches.

      Cheers
      Mark