Re: Some "have you heard" questions

  • jamie sexton
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
      On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 15:12:02 +0200
      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ivind?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Ids=F8?=
      <ezueled@...> wrote:
      > From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ivind?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Ids=F8?= <ezueled@...>
      >

      > I guess everyone and his/her brother/sister is doing nothing but reading
      > The Wire at the moment, but if you have the time and the knowledge could
      > you please help me with the following:
      >
      > Has anyone heard one of these listed CDs? If so, care to give me your opinion:
      >

      > * Techno Animal on Force Inc (and exactly *how* many of the Electric
      > Ladyland + Modulations&Transformations tracks are included? I don't know
      > need (i.e. can't afford) this CD if I've heard almost the entire CD...)

      Radio Hades is a must in my opinion. I don't think that it
      contains any Modulations tracks: it does include one track
      each from Electric Ladyland 3,4&5. The rest is culled from
      twelve inches, which I could never find. It's also a good
      length (70 mins). It is not quite in the same league as the
      awesome Re-Entry, but is far more satisfying than the
      slightly patchy 'versus reality' release.

      Jamie Sexton
    • Sean Cooper
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
        > Has anyone heard one of these listed CDs? If so, care to give me your opinion:
        >
        > * Terre Thaemlitz + <journo-muso I can't remember name of> latest on MIlle
        > Plateaux

        there's a review of this with realaudio samples at:

        http://www.urbansounds.com/home/styles/ambient/terre_thaemlitz-
        institutional_collaborative.html

        (that's all one long-ass url, including the dash; you might have to paste
        the pieces into your browser individually...)

        also, i just heard from terre that his next solo release on mp is
        scheduled for november. he's been busy...

        sc