Re: Rune Lindblad, INA-GRM

  • Mark Coyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1998
      Hi

      so it was me Dee Dee was saying hello to. Hello there. I wondered if it
      was me.

      >Mark wrote:
      >Rune Lindblad
      >> "Death Of The Moon" for 1950s it's astoundingly modern

      >Rune Lindblad ? Sounds quite interesting (especially now that I know
      >some of Marks preferences), but tells me absolutely nothing. Could you
      >give me some info on that ?

      It's musique concrete made of both natural sound and oscillators in the 50s.
      Rune Lindblad was not a musician and was concerned with "sound", his work
      involves dialogue, radios, enivronmental sounds, drones and much more. It's
      surprisingly melodic in an etheral way as well. It has an emotional depth
      to it similar to Tod Dockstadder. The composer / constructor was unheard of
      until this release last year. I came across it in the Wire essential
      musique concrete article and got it from CDNow and Forced Exposure have it,
      cheaper. If interested in moving, shifting, evolving sound environments I
      would recommend it. It was made 53-60 and predates much later work and
      makes Tetsu Inoue's Psycho Acoustic sound somewhat bland in comparison
      (sorry Tetsu).

      >on the radio. Must have something to do with Sheldrake´┐Żs concept of
      >morphogenetic fields or syncronicity or something.

      Oooooooo. I am interested in people who have genuinely looked at the
      landscape like Sheldrake, I am unaware of anyone who has taken this data
      into the musical field. I'm not really sure what I mean but it would be
      interesting.

      >By the way: Has anybody out there dug deeper into the INA-GRM
      >catalogue ? Just read the full list in FE,and was wondering if anybody
      >had any recommendations for me.

      I am starting to in a big way. I have also sourced all but a couple of the
      CDs in the Wire musique concrete article. I'm trying to hunt down the
      Pierre Schaeffer / Pierre Henry box sets though. Any ideas anyone?

      Cheers
      Mark