Rune Lindblad, INA-GRM

  • DeeDee
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1998
      Mark wrote:
      Rune Lindblad
      > "Death Of The Moon" for 1950s it's astoundingly modern

      Rune Lindblad ? Sounds quite interesting (especially now that I know
      some of Marks preferences), but tells me absolutely nothing. Could you
      give me some info on that ?
      Concerning what was said about the new Wire featuring many things you
      bought last month - I experience that all the time, not only with the
      Wire but also with my favourite Austrian Radioshow (apart from my own,
      of course), "Im Sumpf". I buy a record, love it, next week I hear it
      on the radio. Must have something to do with Sheldrake�s concept of
      morphogenetic fields or syncronicity or something.
      By the way: Has anybody out there dug deeper into the INA-GRM
      catalogue ? Just read the full list in FE,and was wondering if anybody
      had any recommendations for me.
      Best Wishes,
      DeeDee
    • Mark Coyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1998
        Hi

        so it was me Dee Dee was saying hello to. Hello there. I wondered if it
        was me.

        >Mark wrote:
        >Rune Lindblad
        >> "Death Of The Moon" for 1950s it's astoundingly modern

        >Rune Lindblad ? Sounds quite interesting (especially now that I know
        >some of Marks preferences), but tells me absolutely nothing. Could you
        >give me some info on that ?

        It's musique concrete made of both natural sound and oscillators in the 50s.
        Rune Lindblad was not a musician and was concerned with "sound", his work
        involves dialogue, radios, enivronmental sounds, drones and much more. It's
        surprisingly melodic in an etheral way as well. It has an emotional depth
        to it similar to Tod Dockstadder. The composer / constructor was unheard of
        until this release last year. I came across it in the Wire essential
        musique concrete article and got it from CDNow and Forced Exposure have it,
        cheaper. If interested in moving, shifting, evolving sound environments I
        would recommend it. It was made 53-60 and predates much later work and
        makes Tetsu Inoue's Psycho Acoustic sound somewhat bland in comparison
        (sorry Tetsu).

        >on the radio. Must have something to do with Sheldrake�s concept of
        >morphogenetic fields or syncronicity or something.

        Oooooooo. I am interested in people who have genuinely looked at the
        landscape like Sheldrake, I am unaware of anyone who has taken this data
        into the musical field. I'm not really sure what I mean but it would be
        interesting.

        >By the way: Has anybody out there dug deeper into the INA-GRM
        >catalogue ? Just read the full list in FE,and was wondering if anybody
        >had any recommendations for me.

        I am starting to in a big way. I have also sourced all but a couple of the
        CDs in the Wire musique concrete article. I'm trying to hunt down the
        Pierre Schaeffer / Pierre Henry box sets though. Any ideas anyone?

        Cheers
        Mark