Some "have you heard" questions

  • Øivind Idsø
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
      I guess everyone and his/her brother/sister is doing nothing but reading
      The Wire at the moment, but if you have the time and the knowledge could
      you please help me with the following:

      Has anyone heard one of these listed CDs? If so, care to give me your opinion:

      * Terre Thaemlitz + <journo-muso I can't remember name of> latest on MIlle
      Plateaux
      * that Amethyst CD by Coil?
      * Techno Animal on Force Inc (and exactly *how* many of the Electric
      Ladyland + Modulations&Transformations tracks are included? I don't know
      need (i.e. can't afford) this CD if I've heard almost the entire CD...)
      * some Japanese guy + Merzbow (?) on Mille Plateaux, as listed in the
      Piccadilly Records ad in the OCtober issue of The Wire
      * the collaboration between Panacea and Hanayo on, ahem..., Mille Plateaux?

      So, anyone?

      /Oeivind/
    • jamie sexton
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
        On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 15:12:02 +0200
        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ivind?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Ids=F8?=
        <ezueled@...> wrote:
        > From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ivind?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Ids=F8?= <ezueled@...>
        >

        > I guess everyone and his/her brother/sister is doing nothing but reading
        > The Wire at the moment, but if you have the time and the knowledge could
        > you please help me with the following:
        >
        > Has anyone heard one of these listed CDs? If so, care to give me your opinion:
        >

        > * Techno Animal on Force Inc (and exactly *how* many of the Electric
        > Ladyland + Modulations&Transformations tracks are included? I don't know
        > need (i.e. can't afford) this CD if I've heard almost the entire CD...)

        Radio Hades is a must in my opinion. I don't think that it
        contains any Modulations tracks: it does include one track
        each from Electric Ladyland 3,4&5. The rest is culled from
        twelve inches, which I could never find. It's also a good
        length (70 mins). It is not quite in the same league as the
        awesome Re-Entry, but is far more satisfying than the
        slightly patchy 'versus reality' release.

        Jamie Sexton
      • Sean Cooper
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 1998
          > Has anyone heard one of these listed CDs? If so, care to give me your opinion:
          >
          > * Terre Thaemlitz + <journo-muso I can't remember name of> latest on MIlle
          > Plateaux

          there's a review of this with realaudio samples at:

          http://www.urbansounds.com/home/styles/ambient/terre_thaemlitz-
          institutional_collaborative.html

          (that's all one long-ass url, including the dash; you might have to paste
          the pieces into your browser individually...)

          also, i just heard from terre that his next solo release on mp is
          scheduled for november. he's been busy...

          sc