NOISEWORLD

  • Jason Crumer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2000
      noiseworld magazine

      noiseworld is a new paper magazine supporting noise
      'music' and all forms of difficult (to describe)
      expression.

      the first issue was supposed to due out sometime in
      september. but due to lack of contributions we have
      put it back on a 'whenever we can get the damn thing
      done' status. we are currently seeking contributions
      and advertisers to make this happen. we will generate
      the content all ourselves if we have to, but we want
      your help!

      CONTRIBUTORS

      We are looking for people to contribute to the zine.
      It would be great if you could contribute any/all of
      the following that you want to:

      noise making/recording tips
      equipment reviews
      reviews of noise releases
      want/have list for classifieds
      all noise related articles
      noise history (articles about early noise pioneers)
      top ten lists
      whatever else you want to contribute

      also, if you'd like to be interviewed, send us a tape
      (unless we've heard of you, which we probably
      haven't). If something you send ends up in the zine,
      we'll send you a copy and give you a free ad (if you
      have something to advertise).

      we prefer submissions to be electronic, but legible
      handwritten stuff is cool too. The first press run
      will be 1000.

      Here are noiseworld advertising rates:
      1/6 page (2 1/2" x 5") = $17
      1/3 page regular (5" x 5") = $35 (free for
      contributors)
      1/3 page long (2 1/2" x 10") = $35
      1/2 page (7 1/2" x 5") = $75
      full page (7 1/2" x 10") = $100
      inside front (full page) = $150
      inside back (full page) = $150

      The original deadline was August first, but of course
      things never go as planned. There is no official
      deadline, we will put the 'zine out once we have
      enough materials to make it quality. If you send in
      something after we begin production we will put it in
      the next issue. We will make it public when we begin
      production however. Ad art can be emailed, or sent on
      paper, or on zip disks. Payment must accompany ads.
      prices are negotiable if you like to negotiate.

      send everything to:

      noiseworld
      po box 66146
      greensboro, nc 27403
      usa

      Please forward this to people you think may be
      interested.

      http://mail.yahoo.com/