Re: stock, hausen & walkman

  • RR
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2000
      ok, organ transplants 2 is the current output of s, h&w. but you also might
      want to go back in time to check out their second record "hairballs" which
      originally was released '95 on cd in a (cat) furry cover. unfortunately
      only for the first edition. but the recording is excellent. less
      electronica but more sampling and utterly funny!
      not to forget their 7" entitled "buy me/sue me" released '97 on hotair and
      represents the most provoking statement in terms of copyright infringement,
      as it is recorded in 84 lochgrooves all conaining the word 'me'. the cd rom
      "venetian deer" is a collaboration with die veteranen presenting a
      combination of sound and vision on a, well, interactive basis. some parts
      look already now a little out dated but it holds some original material and
      12 pure audio tracks as well. i wonder if it it still available.
      Else there is the the first album "giving up" ('92) which is a collection
      of live material. The material is still interesting altough not in the best
      sound i ever heard. '96 had the stop lp i never came across? i wonder if it
      ever was released. and to complete the whole there was the "empty box" ep
      and the "oh my bag" lp '98. both fine pieces but especially the "empty box"
      seems to represent the shift from sampling to a form of playful electronic
      music. but of course there is more to it.
      the best
      rrich
    • Lang Thompson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2000
        Hi, I'm running Will York's interview with Chadbourne in my zine
        Adventures In Sound and thought it would be nice to have an accompanying
        review or two. Somebody had contacted me about a live review of a
        Chadbourne appearance with a Finnish (Swedish?) folk band but I've lost the
        message. I'd also be greatly interested in something about his book, the
        "LSDC&W" reissue or the new Avant collaboration. Or if you have other
        ideas please contact me off list.

        Thanks, Lang

        Funhouse
        http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/funhouse.htm