contingent to contingent

  • Chris Herbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      motion filter subscribers will know this already. mildly diverting,
      not to mention more cogent than a wire review...

      >I recently purchased Dragon NaturallySpeaking, a voice recognition
      dictation program. I'm having a ball talking to my computer. I was
      listening to a Gerry Mulligan CD while dictating and the microphone
      started to pick up one of his solos. The baritone sax is close to my
      voice in range. I got the idea to play my bari into the microphone. I
      just a little messing around playing different patterns and trying out
      all registers. I got a very interesting output. The program uses
      context of phrases to make its word selection, so the output was
      inphrases. There is coherence among some of the phrases. Words and
      phrases repeat themselves. It makes for interesting reading aloud.
      Has anyone else tried anything like this?

      From: "&c." <parksplace@...>

      The registers that are close to my voice picked up really well. The
      high not at all, the low a little better. I had to keep the dynamics
      low so that it would pick it up. Well here's the pure output.

      The first block is my alto and the second my bari:

      At to your the took the who who and and who who who who the pain and
      have to do to be due to the do at to it will who the who who her who
      for more or of the who of the food it that the due to the who who
      boom rule the the it who the in the Peru who the room and who in the
      who do it who in and who move into Louis drew who will Peru Peru who
      them and and the Aurora are or at the who grew who Peru to it true the
      them who in wound and in the root in who is it who can and who you
      that can to and haven't abandoned who him to wound who man in contempt
      into the wound do it who it home and didn't in a him can in the who
      and contingent to contingent Peru in who Hamton listen wound to in the
      who didn't of e in the net to do to them in content at the to at the
      the them to the end the don't have who have been the

      Them to the to to can can do it in who to that in and the do it didn't
      in the couldn't do at the been the and and and at the twin and and in
      the and at the a hat it it in an a him to have a the end aluminum and
      it is that in and and and in England and haven't abandoned and
      contingent and contingent boom do him in the him in the end and and
      and in and and and been an End and and Been an end to end and in an
      been to do to them him to it is that can do it that in the a abandoned
      the contingent and and then it had been end the if an end to the to
      cancel the cancel the and
      Mercia Software Ltd.
      Mercia House
      Ashted Lock