new webzine

  • joejanecek@loop.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      you might find this of interest...

      joe
      http://janecek.com

      ------------------

      From: News-Klang <graham@...>

      News-Klang - http://www.clicks-and-klangs.com

      Hello,

      I'm very pleased to announce that issue 1 of Clicks and Klangs is
      finally
      online. Phew!

      Contents:

      - A Q&A with Tim Berne, the virtuoso saxophonist

      - Nina Simone, Empress Of American Music

      - Gender, Captain Beefheart and The Avant Garde - why is experimental
      music such a male dominated domain?

      - Frozen Warnings; The Music Of Nico

      - Welsh Psycho, extract from the Teenage Diaries of Colin B Morton
      part 1
      - "Beware Of The Dog Continuity; Zappapology: its nature and deeds."
      plus
      two of Colin B. Morton & Chuck Death's acclaimed Great Pop Things
      cartoons.

      - Jason Gross mourns the untimely passings of some of the 20th
      Century's
      most influential / intriguing musicians.

      - Reviews for Jim DeRogatis' Lester Bangs biography "Let It Blurt",
      Irwin
      Chusid's book about 'outsider' musicians "Songs In The Key Of Z", Bill
      Drummond's "45" and Brian Wilson's "Live At The Roxy" album.

      - Various other bits and bobs.

      I hope you enjoy this first issue. If you have any comments,
      criticisms
      or suggestions about Clicks and Klangs then please do let me know as
      any
      feedback at this early stage would be very valuable. If you would
      like to
      help make issue 2 even better then I'd be very happy to hear from you.

      Don't forget that the 'Cover Mounted' edition of the radio show
      featuring
      artists from the first issue goes out this Saturday.

      Cheers for your support.

      All the best,

      Graham <graham@...>

      * http://www.clicks-and-klangs.com - The online underground music
      monthly
      * for everything that crackles, beats, swings, samples or soothes.
      *
      * First issue now available!