Re: Oval

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 1998
      > I remember seeing a CK commercial a few months ago with some sounds I could
      > have swore were Oval. I posted to some other list to confirm and nobody
      > replied at that time. I later saw some dicussion around the same
      > commercial, but folks were saying it was Tortoise not Oval. I guess I
      > haven't listen to either group in quite a while... but it is one of them for
      > sure!

      Yeah, it's the intro to 'Tin Cans and Twine' by Tortoise. Bit of a
      corporate swizz but there you go.

      They played that track at the gig in Leeds I went to and it was
      cavernous.

      JOHN
    • Doug Watson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 1999
        At 07:51 PM 1999/06/24 +0200, Oeivind Idsoe wrote:
        >From: Oeivind Idsoe <ezueled@...>
        >
        >Huang Weijian wrote:
        >
        >> This I gotta hear.Who are these guys?By the way,I just got Oval's
        >> 94Diskont;did the Mille Plateaux version come with the four mixes of Do
        >> While?
        >
        >No, I�m pretty sure the four additional remixes (by O�Rourke, Scanner, C.
        >Vogel and Mouse On Mars) are part of the Thrill Jockey release only.

        To be sure, the vinyl version of the MP release was a double lp which *did*
        include the remixes. The CD however did not. I never did unwrap an
        unblemished vinyl copy of MP's _94Diskont_, and was most happy to discover
        Thrill Jockey's higher level of quality control. Anyway, after Oval/Popp
        grew bored with tortured CDs as sound sources, the delicious irony of
        owning 'em on the vinyl medium pretty much evaporated.

        Doug