Re: [thewire] Anyone seen EN?/ Greece

  • Nirav Soni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      > On a different EN tip I saw a CD (I think by "FRY"? that features Chrislo
      > Haas, FM Einheit, Pan Sonic and others in some kind of new supergroup
      > project. Anyone know what this is?

      Here's from the Aquarius records catalog:

      GRY WITH FM EINHEIT AND HIS ORCHESTRA "Public Recordings"
      (FM 4.5.1) cd 14.98
      New project from FM Einheit (the muscleman / technician who left
      Neubauten a few years ago) Gry Bagoien and Einheit have collaborated to
      create a German cabaret version of Portishead full of tensely building
      left-field electronica. Gry whines and whispers with all of the
      theatricalities of Beth Gibbons with bossanova flares and Peter Thomas-like
      brash horns. Plus there are a handful of special guests: Funkstrorung, Pan
      Sonic, Terranova, and Alexander Hacke.

      I heard they were excellent on the "Lowest of the Low" Invisible Records tour a
      while ago. Can't day anything more, but I don't intend to pick it up unless it
      finds it's way to me. After Ende Neu, I don't intend to have anything to do
      with EN.

      I suppose I'll just consolidate my posts and ask if anyone here knows of
      Relevant Wire-y content in Greece, particularly Athens and Crete...

      Cheers,
      Nirav
      --
      OnNow- Marcus Schmikler- Wabi Sabi ("Chicken Run" is wonderful)
      "Of nought. To the source. To the teacher. To the temple. To him I brought.