6/24 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope-WHUS/Storrs, Connecticut (USA)

  • joelkru@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2000
      Greetings!

      Welcome to the playlist for the 6/24 edition of "Pushing The Envelope
      - Music Decidedly Left of Center. If you go to the WHUS web-site
      (http://whusfm.saup.uconn.edu/) you can get all the information you need to
      check out "Pushing The Envelope" and all the other fine programming on 91.7
      FM - WHUS, the radio station of the University of Connecticut in Storrs.

      "Pushing The Envelope" airs on Saturday afternoons from 3 to 5 PM
      (FYI, London: 8-10 PM/Tel Aviv: 10-12 PM/Hong Kong: Sunday: 3-5 AM/Sydney:
      5-7 AM). It continues it's mission of presenting the best of avant-garde
      classical, rock, jazz, ambient, electronic, along with a healthy dollop of
      new and classic progressive rock (i.e., King Crimson, Boud Deun, Gentle
      Giant, etc.).

      As always, I'm constantly looking for new music to air. (Please
      note, all playlists are posted to the progressive rock, ambient, electronic,
      exotic, and contemporary classical music newsgroups, the Wire, Prog4U, and
      avant-progressive mailists, and in addition to all that, e-mailed to you.)

      If you have something that you'd like to share with our listeners
      (Yes, I DO play cassettes and DATs!), please sent it along to:

      Joel Krutt / WHUS
      Pushing The Envelope
      University of Connecticut
      Box U-8R
      Storrs, CT 06269

      e-mail: joelkru@...

      Thanks for checking out the list!
      'Til next time,
      Peace
      Joel

      6/24/00 Pushing The Envelope Playlist

      ~Upper Egypt - Wayne Horvitz & Zony Mash - Upper Egypt - Knitting Factory
      Records (2000) <http://www.knittingfactory.com>

      ~Pop Ramping - Peter Zummo/Tom Hamilton - Slybersonic Trombone - Penumbra
      Music (2000) <http://www.execpc.com/~penumbra/index.html>

      ~Slow Days - Handsome 3Some - Fallen Out Of Space - Move Records (1999)
      <http://listen.to/handsome3some>

      ~Improv: Trio - King Crimson - The Nightwatch: Live At The Amsterdam
      Concertgebouw November 23rd 1973 - DGM (1973/97)
      <http://www.elephant-talk.com>

      ~Park - Interior - Interior - Windham Hill (1985) <http://www.windham.com>

      ~Mouthpiece II (1992) - Kenneth Garburo - Tape Play - Pogus Productions
      (2000) <http://www.frontiernet.net/~pogal >

      ~The Stein Song / My Melancholy Baby - The Big Bertha Band Organ - Audio
      Fidelity (1966)

      ~Collateral Damage - White Rabbit Cult - ...And The Gods Made Wars -
      self-release (1999) <http://www.whiterabbitcult.com>

      ~My Mule Wouldn't Walk In The Mud So I Had To Put 17 Bullets In Her - Forever
      Einstein - Down With Gravity - Cuneiform (2000)
      <http://www.cuneiformrecords.com>

      ~Psychedelic Music For String Quartet (1978) - Erik Lindgren - Score! - sfz
      recordings (1999) <http://www.sfzrecordings.com>

      ~Sketches Of Mythical Beasts - Synergy (Larry Fast) - Cords - Passport (1978)
      <http://www.eclipse.net/~synergy>

      ~The Glass Hand - John Bischoff - The Glass Hand - Artfiact Recordings (1996)
      <http://www.artifact.com>

      ~Like Jasper & Carnelian - composer/flute: James Newton - As The Sound Of
      Many Waters - New World Records (2000) <http://www.newworldrecords.org>

      ~Les Soirees De St. Petersbourg - Toupidek Limonade - Il Y A Des Nuits Et Des
      Nuits - In Poly Sons/Gazul Records (2000) <http://www.musearecords.com>

      ~Vieux Future: - Volapuk - Polyglot - Cuneiform (2000)
      <http://www.cuneiformrecords.com>

      ~Groundloop - In The Nursery - Diva X Machina 3 (compilation)- COP
      International (2000) <http://www.copint.com/>

      ~Betrayal (Crocodile Shop Mix) - Battery - Diva X Machina 3 (compilation) -
      COP International (2000) <http://www.copint.com/>

      ~The Cooler - Sound Track - The Cooler - Caipirinha (2000)
      <http://www.caipirinha.com>