Re: Great Nipples!

  • Randy Gelling
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2000
      I thought I'd mention that Atavistic in Chicago has reissued the Brotzmann
      Septet/Quartet '69 album "Nipples" which happens to be completely amazing.
      The cousin of the similarly great "Machinegun" with Evan Parker, Baily,
      Bennik, Van Hove, et al. And pretty reasonable price too (for N.A. at
      least). I haven't heard the rest of the albums released as part of the
      Unheard Music series that this is part of but they all look pretty
      promising for fans of European skronk/free jazz.

      BTW I was think of ordering the Lydia Lunch/Birthday Party "Wedding in
      Blood" and Mars' original '78 album from Atavistic as well. Any feedback
      on the quality of these albums? I'm a big fan of noisy stuff.