RE: [thewire] short tracks

  • Hille, Per-Christian
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2 1:58 AM
      > shortest song: "all" by descendents, on their sst album "all" -
      > was just a shout: "all!" accompanied by a guitar stroke - less than 1
      > second i think...

      That actually reminds me of Red Krayola'a "Listen to this" (someone says
      "listen to this", a powerchord, and that's it. A few seconds at the most.
      Incredibly this track was covered by the Soup Dragons many years back.
      Per-Christian
    • james kramer
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2 4:15 PM
        Yes-Tales from Topographic Oceans

      • Zachary Hastings Hooper
        Message 3 of 15 , May 5 4:39 AM
          has anyone mentioned the Minutemen (with their stated mission of never
          recording a track longer than a minute) or the Gorilla Biscuits (i seem to
          recall a 100+ tracks on one CD)? actually, a number of punk/hardcore bands
          went this route...

          cheers-
          zhh