Re: short tracks

  • scott v
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2000
      i figure i'd throw my 2 cents in to this...

      Otomo Yoshihide's "The Night Before The Death Of The Sampling Virus"
      on Extreme Records, 77 tracks (or "viruses" that is) in approx. 53 1/2
      minutes. This cd is meant to be enjoyed while utilizing all of your cd
      player's functions/modes: random/shuffle, fast forward & rewind,
      repeat...etc.

      also there is "Vinyl Tranquilizer" on Sonic Factory which is 60 tracks
      (capsules) lasting 60 minutes, each track is 1 minute long. Dosage: 10
      capsules 1/2 hour before sleep, repeat dose every night if required. and it
      works for me!!!

      --Scott
    • Hille, Per-Christian
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2000
        > shortest song: "all" by descendents, on their sst album "all" -
        > was just a shout: "all!" accompanied by a guitar stroke - less than 1
        > second i think...

        That actually reminds me of Red Krayola'a "Listen to this" (someone says
        "listen to this", a powerchord, and that's it. A few seconds at the most.
        Incredibly this track was covered by the Soup Dragons many years back.
        Per-Christian
      • james kramer
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2000
          Yes-Tales from Topographic Oceans

        • Zachary Hastings Hooper
          Message 4 of 15 , May 5, 2000
            has anyone mentioned the Minutemen (with their stated mission of never
            recording a track longer than a minute) or the Gorilla Biscuits (i seem to
            recall a 100+ tracks on one CD)? actually, a number of punk/hardcore bands
            went this route...

            cheers-
            zhh