Re: what the heck, she's just a rock

  • R. Lim
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 12:38 PM
      On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Davis Ford wrote:

      > Yeah, thanks, I will look for it. How about a thread on rocks, anyway?
      > Anyone know any
      > other songs / albums based around rocks?

      There's a Walter Marchetti LP which features a piece consisting of hurling
      large rocks off a cliff into a pond below. Sound-wise, it resembles the
      passage of stool (a similiarity also noted by Revolver).

      There's also a memorable song called "My Girlfriend Is a Rock" by the 70s
      Texas punk band, the Nervebreakers. A sample verse goes like:

      "My girlfriend is a rock
      she looks like a piece of chalk
      or maybe alibaster
      I guess you'd have to ask her!"

      Toshiya Tsunoda (of the unbelievably wonderful WrK collective from
      Japan) has also done some mesmerizing work that involves concrete and
      air spaces inside heavy structures.

      -rob