Erratic Fall Behaviour, and other stuff.

  • Tom Ewing
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 1998
      Steve81778 wrote:

      > on tour: The Fall in philly - I don't care what anyone says...fucking amazing,
      > changed this 19 year old's life in some way (not sure yet how though) it fell
      > completely apart and I loved every minute of it...ended with stephen hanley
      > checking mark e. smith with his bass and him, the guitarist and drummer
      > walking off...leaving mark e.smith and his (ex?) girlfriend on stage, some
      > programmed beats and strings played, she played bass and mark just walked the
      > stage singing about how he doesn't get anyone besides himself, or something
      > like that...eerie ending

      They get worse. When I saw them in London a bit ago Mark did a walkout during
      L.A., the
      band kept playing and Brix went offstage to fetch him. Not a sign, obviously, as
      she
      came back with this big roadie who proceeded to take the vocal part. Very odd.
      Everyone
      clapped anyway, of course.

      Good idea for a mailing list. Does anyone reading this have any idea what
      Charlemagne
      Palestine is in print? I have "Four Manifestations On Six Elements" and the
      mighty
      "Godbear". Must support fellow soft toy enthusiasts. I don't know if it's been
      mentioned
      in The Wire, but the magazine (with free CD!) 'Halana' is not only an inspiring
      and
      entertaining read for minimalism fans, but the free disc is superb as well: my
      first
      proper exposure to Bernhard Gunter's work, plus excellent pieces from Palestine,
      Fahey,
      David Grubbs, and other less famous people who I can't remember right now. Buy
      it!

      Cheers,
      Tom.
      np: The Spinners - Pick Of The Litter