Re: [thewire] Favourite Song

  • Jason Witherspoon
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
      At 4:20 AM -0500 4/1/00, Davis Ford wrote:
      >i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
      >about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
      >eating fucking oats 2?

      ...and little lambs eat ivies! I *love* that one, but I thought it
      was just a poem (Wordsworth, perhaps?)
      --

      Jason Witherspoon
      ICQ #62837760

      ---------
      --- X ---
      --- ---
      --- ---
      --- ---
      --- ---
      com/~arz
      http://www.best.com/~arzachel
      www.best.com/~arzachel
      best.com/~a
    • Rob Thornton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
        On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Jason Witherspoon wrote:

        > At 4:20 AM -0500 4/1/00, Davis Ford wrote:
        > >i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
        > >about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
        > >eating fucking oats 2?
        >
        > ....and little lambs eat ivies! I *love* that one, but I thought it
        > was just a poem (Wordsworth, perhaps?)

        Actually, I believe it was a novelty tune back in the day, can't say when
        though (possibly the '40s maybe). A shout-out to my moms is due here,
        'cause she sang this all of the time when I were a tender young sprout....

        robt