Re: [thewire] Favourite Song

  • Davis Ford
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2000
      > actually, it's the chorus:
      >
      > "Mares eat oats and does eat oats
      > and little lambs eat ivy
      > little kids'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?"

      you are absolutely on target with this. please excuse the inane profanity;
      i was DWI last night.

      by the way, by far the best version of the above song was done by leland
      palmer (Lynch's Twin
      Peaks) when he starts going completely mad during the family dinner,
      skipping around
      the house singing this (to the horror of everyone else).

      i have a question regarding this fenn-o-berg album, if someone else has it
      and is familiar with it.
      the track 'horst und snail mit markus' uses a sample about 2 1/2 minutes
      into itself which is
      very familiar to me, and yet i can not pin it down. if anyone has any idea
      what this is, i would
      be pretty interested in hearing about it.

      i just got that new dilated peoples album that someone else mentioned in the
      hip-hop thread. it is
      quite good. thanks for the tip.

      davis
    • Gareth Bowles
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2000
        "Frigging in the Rigging" always brings a tear to my
        eye.

        -Gareth-

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • rfaith
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2000
          >i have a question regarding this fenn-o-berg album, if someone else has it
          >and is familiar with it.
          >the track 'horst und snail mit markus' uses a sample about 2 1/2 minutes
          >into itself which is
          >very familiar to me, and yet i can not pin it down. if anyone has any idea
          >what this is, i would
          >be pretty interested in hearing about it.

          'frozen' by madonna/william orbit

          ikeda:

          >Has anyone heard his dbl 3"CD on Mego?

          if this isn't a very obscure release the dbl cd is on staalplaat
          and called time&space

          >How is it?

          cd1 uses jittery samples and ikeda style beats/tones over 5 tracks loud like C

          cd2 is practically silent in placs with tones bleeding in and out of audibility
          a single 16minute track good for repeat play

          >Does anyone out there know how he goes about making his sounds?

          not me
          +richard