Re: [thewire] Favourite Song

  • Davis Ford
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 1:20 AM
      so, i just heard this fenn'oberg thing for the first time, and wow..it is
      really pretty fantastic.. i've had this ill taste in my mouth whenever jim
      o'dork is mentioned since they interviewed him in the wire about a year or
      so ago. i know so many people around here seem to fawn over his
      self-bloating image...and that is fine. which brings me to a related
      tangent: i just got hrvatski's album, and it really is preatty damn good.
      so i sit and wonder...does it matter if the person i am listening to is a
      balloon-o-gram or not. initially, i say no..but that still doesn't explain
      why i have avoided jim o-rourke releases for the last year or so. the
      hrvatski is good. he may be gone..or still lingering and now getting a
      crank, but it is a good album.

      regardless, thanks for the cat that mentioned the dilated peoples album. i
      just nabbed that, and it is quite worth it.

      i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
      about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
      eating fucking oats 2?

      davis
    • Rob Thornton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 4:07 AM
        On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Davis Ford wrote:

        > i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
        > about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
        > eating fucking oats 2?

        actually, it's the chorus:

        "Mares eat oats and does eat oats
        and little lambs eat ivy
        little kids'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?"

        did i actually _contribute_ to this thread? nah....

        robt
      • rfaith
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 8:52 AM
          >My most favourite song must be "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"

          recently heard that as a mobile phone ring

          >Has anyone else on this list got a favourite song?

          'there was an old lady who swallowed a fly' is very good

          i like it when she swallows a goat

          -

          savage pencil cartoons are featured in ?????

          .
          +richard
        • Jason Witherspoon
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 1:59 PM
            At 4:20 AM -0500 4/1/00, Davis Ford wrote:
            >i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
            >about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
            >eating fucking oats 2?

            ...and little lambs eat ivies! I *love* that one, but I thought it
            was just a poem (Wordsworth, perhaps?)
            --

            Jason Witherspoon
            ICQ #62837760

            ---------
            --- X ---
            --- ---
            --- ---
            --- ---
            --- ---
            com/~arz
            http://www.best.com/~arzachel
            www.best.com/~arzachel
            best.com/~a
          • Rob Thornton
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 4:55 PM
              On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Jason Witherspoon wrote:

              > At 4:20 AM -0500 4/1/00, Davis Ford wrote:
              > >i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
              > >about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
              > >eating fucking oats 2?
              >
              > ....and little lambs eat ivies! I *love* that one, but I thought it
              > was just a poem (Wordsworth, perhaps?)

              Actually, I believe it was a novelty tune back in the day, can't say when
              though (possibly the '40s maybe). A shout-out to my moms is due here,
              'cause she sang this all of the time when I were a tender young sprout....

              robt