Re: [thewire] Favourite Song

  • JOEL A NURRE
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2000
      I've always liked 99 Bottles of Beer. Especially the verse that starts out
      "63 bottles of beer...."

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
        so, i just heard this fenn'oberg thing for the first time, and wow..it is
        really pretty fantastic.. i've had this ill taste in my mouth whenever jim
        o'dork is mentioned since they interviewed him in the wire about a year or
        so ago. i know so many people around here seem to fawn over his
        self-bloating image...and that is fine. which brings me to a related
        tangent: i just got hrvatski's album, and it really is preatty damn good.
        so i sit and wonder...does it matter if the person i am listening to is a
        balloon-o-gram or not. initially, i say no..but that still doesn't explain
        why i have avoided jim o-rourke releases for the last year or so. the
        hrvatski is good. he may be gone..or still lingering and now getting a
        crank, but it is a good album.

        regardless, thanks for the cat that mentioned the dilated peoples album. i
        just nabbed that, and it is quite worth it.

        i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
        about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
        eating fucking oats 2?

        davis
      • Rob Thornton
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
          On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Davis Ford wrote:

          > i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
          > about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
          > eating fucking oats 2?

          actually, it's the chorus:

          "Mares eat oats and does eat oats
          and little lambs eat ivy
          little kids'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?"

          did i actually _contribute_ to this thread? nah....

          robt
        • rfaith
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
            >My most favourite song must be "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"

            recently heard that as a mobile phone ring

            >Has anyone else on this list got a favourite song?

            'there was an old lady who swallowed a fly' is very good

            i like it when she swallows a goat

            -

            savage pencil cartoons are featured in ?????

            .
            +richard
          • Jason Witherspoon
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
              At 4:20 AM -0500 4/1/00, Davis Ford wrote:
              >i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
              >about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
              >eating fucking oats 2?

              ...and little lambs eat ivies! I *love* that one, but I thought it
              was just a poem (Wordsworth, perhaps?)
              --

              Jason Witherspoon
              ICQ #62837760

              ---------
              --- X ---
              --- ---
              --- ---
              --- ---
              --- ---
              com/~arz
              http://www.best.com/~arzachel
              www.best.com/~arzachel
              best.com/~a
            • Rob Thornton
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2000
                On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Jason Witherspoon wrote:

                > At 4:20 AM -0500 4/1/00, Davis Ford wrote:
                > >i guess my favorite song..to tie this in with the chain-o-gram...is that one
                > >about does eating oats. i think the second verse has something about mares
                > >eating fucking oats 2?
                >
                > ....and little lambs eat ivies! I *love* that one, but I thought it
                > was just a poem (Wordsworth, perhaps?)

                Actually, I believe it was a novelty tune back in the day, can't say when
                though (possibly the '40s maybe). A shout-out to my moms is due here,
                'cause she sang this all of the time when I were a tender young sprout....

                robt