Re: [thewire] New Music Box

  • Robert Thornton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
      On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Zachary Hastings Hooper wrote:

      > From: "Zachary Hastings Hooper" <zhhooper@...>
      >
      > apologies for the cross-post--
      >
      > for those who have yet to check it out, please visit the New Music Box, the
      > web-zine of the American Music Center (the leading service organization
      > for the promotion of American music in all its guises...).
      >
      > the March issue, just up at www.newmusicbox.org, features a lead interview
      > with Elliott Carter, a hyper-history of rhythm, and much much more....

      Just visited the site and it's really cool. If you like 20th century
      classical, you ought to give it a try. BTW, has the Wire ever done
      anything on the American Music Center? I didn't even know that the AMC
      existed until now and I'm kind of embarrassed, frankly....

      Also, the Elliott Carter interview includes an interesting link to a
      Carter interview done by ex-Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh. Belive it or
      not, here it is:

      http://www.thephilzone.com/philzonepages/heavy_stuff/carter.html

      Rob Thornton
      from