New Music Box

  • Zachary Hastings Hooper
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
      apologies for the cross-post--

      for those who have yet to check it out, please visit the New Music Box, the web-zine of the American Music Center (the leading service organization for the promotion of American music in all its guises...).

      the March issue, just up at www.newmusicbox.org, features a lead interview with Elliott Carter, a hyper-history of rhythm, and much much more....

      cheers-
      zhh

    • Robert Thornton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
        On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Zachary Hastings Hooper wrote:

        > From: "Zachary Hastings Hooper" <zhhooper@...>
        >
        > apologies for the cross-post--
        >
        > for those who have yet to check it out, please visit the New Music Box, the
        > web-zine of the American Music Center (the leading service organization
        > for the promotion of American music in all its guises...).
        >
        > the March issue, just up at www.newmusicbox.org, features a lead interview
        > with Elliott Carter, a hyper-history of rhythm, and much much more....

        Just visited the site and it's really cool. If you like 20th century
        classical, you ought to give it a try. BTW, has the Wire ever done
        anything on the American Music Center? I didn't even know that the AMC
        existed until now and I'm kind of embarrassed, frankly....

        Also, the Elliott Carter interview includes an interesting link to a
        Carter interview done by ex-Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh. Belive it or
        not, here it is:

        http://www.thephilzone.com/philzonepages/heavy_stuff/carter.html

        Rob Thornton
        from